Good ol' Jay Bilas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good guy Jay Bilas
goodguyjaybilas.jpg

Reaction Score
Has us ranked #16 for next year.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...teams-entering-2013-season-college-basketball

It's an insider article so here's the small blurb on UConn:

16. Connecticut Huskies
After the ridiculous postseason ban, the Huskies return one of the best backcourts in the country in Shabazz Napier and Ryan Boatright.

Not even all UConn fans think APR is ridiculous. Bilas has always considered it ridiculous. (Yes, I know he's referring to the ban, but schools deserve to be banned for bad deeds. Here, we have joke criteria, and Bilas knows it).

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
The only respectable Dookie, Jay Bilas. He does a tremendous job of staying unbiased and calling everything how he sees it. Head and shoulders above anyone else in the college basketball media.

Reaction Score
I know this has been debated to death but Uconn was banned from post season play but not post season revenue so it really punished the kids, who had nothing to do with the problem, more than the University. It would have made a lot more sense to allow the kids to play in post season play but not allow the University to benefit financially from it. But again it's the NCAA and common sense just doesn't apply.

Reaction Score
The Trillest. Time to go to work.

- Jay Bilas, every mornign on twitter. This guy is the best.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
LOL.

No different here than through the rest of history. People like lawyers when they are on their side. At least until the bill comes.
C'mon you couldn't have been surprised by that response. The only surprise was that it took a whole two minutes for someone to post it.

Reaction Score
Jay is the only "Analyst" worth listening to. Usually very impartial.

And best of all....almost always shares the opinions of UCONN fans - Which just proves how smart and reasonable WE all are ;)

Reaction Score
I know this has been debated to death but Uconn was banned from post season play but not post season revenue so it really punished the kids, who had nothing to do with the problem, more than the University. It would have made a lot more sense to allow the kids to play in post season play but not allow the University to benefit financially from it. But again it's the NCAA and common sense just doesn't apply.

If i remember correctly, We proposed that to the NCAA along with losing a few conference games. It was denied by the NCAA.

It would have made a heck of a lot more sense than what actually happened.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Jay also thinks we got doubly punished for the same infraction. Which we did.

Reaction Score
Is the NCAA even going to be around in 5 years? It is a horrible governing body. Good god i know people bitch about Roger Godell ect, but the NCAA always goes to lightly or to harshly and its punishments rarely fit the deed. Postseason ban this past season for a team that has no player that was involved in the APR? And they just killed SMC lol. Idk so long as they run this place nothing will be right.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'll give him credit for thinking outside the box, but it's still not high enough

we're going top ten, and we'll be a national title contender (assuming Bazz doesn't throw away his chance to be a lottery pick next year :))

Reaction Score
Probably the only college bball analyst I've never heard a bad thing about (no matter the person's affiliation). Right up there with Jon Sciambi on the very small list of legitimately good national broadcasters.

Reaction Score
Probably the only college bball analyst I've never heard a bad thing about (no matter the person's affiliation). Right up there with Jon Sciambi on the very small list of legitimately good national broadcasters.
He is known to have huge upside potential.

And wingspan.

Reaction Score
I'll give him credit for thinking outside the box, but it's still not high enough

we're going top ten, and we'll be a national title contender (assuming Bazz doesn't throw away his chance to be a lottery pick next year :))

Take a couple deep breaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler