Good ol’ Courant. | The Boneyard

Good ol’ Courant.

Reaction Score
only person I read is Alexa, you can tell she puts in a lot of hard work. Anything else like bafoons like Connolly who can't even spend time to look up where a player plays is not worth spending any time to.

Reaction Score
Okay I’m dumb. Could someone kindly explain what’s wrong with the statement? I can’t figure it out.
She was violated due to a suspension of team rules

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
“Seton Hall’s Andra Espinoza-Hunter, who started her career at UConn, did not play Friday. She was violated due to a suspension of team rules.”

Yes, that’s what it says, folks.
You just can't make this spit up. Looks like the Courant has been getting their reporters directly from TikTok.

Reaction Score
only person I read is Alexa, you can tell she puts in a lot of hard work. Anything else like bafoons like Connolly who can't even spend time to look up where a player plays is not worth spending any time to.
It was Alexa

Reaction Score
You just can't make this spit up. Looks like the Courant has been getting their reporters directly from TikTok.
This cuts me to the quick...

As a fairly recently retired newspaper journalist of more than four decades, much of it covering sports, I must add that writers have always made plenty of mistakes, myself included. Sadly, today's newspapers and other media have gone downhill more so because editing is ether poorly done or altogether absent, especially in online editions.

I admittedly also got a laugh, yet it struck me that more than few folks in these 'Me Too' days might be offended by what The Courant carelessly published. If it was in fact Alexa, I'll bet she's mortified by her mistake (and royally miffed it wasn't caught before going live).

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
“Seton Hall’s Andra Espinoza-Hunter, who started her career at UConn, did not play Friday. She was violated due to a suspension of team rules.”

Yes, that’s what it says, folks.
Maybe the Courant got it right and everyone else got it wrong…….;)

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Okay I’m dumb. Could someone kindly explain what’s wrong with the statement? I can’t figure it out.
The statement said she was violated, not that she was in violation of a team rule.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
My paper had an opinion piece on (not) eliminating the gax tax - headline on the opinion page.

Reaction Score

As a fairly recently retired newspaper journalist of more than four decades, much of it covering sports, I must add that writers have always made plenty of mistakes, myself included. Sadly, today's newspapers and other media have gone downhill more so because editing is ether poorly done or altogether absent, especially in online editions.

I admittedly also got a laugh, yet it struck me that more than few folks in these 'Me Too' days might be offended by what The Courant carelessly published. If it was in fact Alexa, I'll bet she's mortified by her mistake (and royally miffed it wasn't caught before going live).
It never ceases to amaze me about some bone yarders who never made a mistake and can’t wait for someone to type the wrong key or just plain missed the spelling bee title. Basketball !

Reaction Score
Truly said, sadly... mergers and buyouts that have so affected many industries have been significant players in the tearing down of what was once a proud industry.
the internet has made most print media irrelevant

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It never ceases to amaze me about some bone yarders who never made a mistake and can’t wait for someone to type the wrong key or just plain missed the spelling bee title. Basketball !
:eek: Andra Espinoza-Hunter is not basketball? BTW this wasn't about spelling or typing the wrong key.

Reaction Score

Gotta tell you, I am more than sensitive to women’s issues. I did consider whether laughing was appropriate, but this was just a very funny mistake.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom