Good News: No Surgery for Lauren Cox | The Boneyard

Good News: No Surgery for Lauren Cox

Reaction Score
One of the few non-UConn players I go out of my way to watch. A sprain is often a tricky issue in that the ligaments get stretched. Similar to Lou's ankle, the pain often carries on for years and eventually requires surgery. No medical background here so just wishing her the best.

Reaction Score
This is a note from a Baylor fan...we appreciate all the kind words y'all have expressed, and appreciated the UConn fans rooting for us! When Geno comes to Waco, he gets a standing ovation, as does the team. He and Kim are friends and speak highly of each other. We did the same for Pat Summit...only Geno and Pat get that kind of treatment here. Geno was asked about it, and he said, "Well, it is a Christian school, and they walk the walk!" He also said he was not treated this nice on the East Coast! He is well liked, as are the Huskies.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I have no idea how she didn’t. It looked really bad. But great news for her and Baylor.

Yes. And thankfully, yes. Her rehab is more likely to be measured in weeks, not months. Happy for Cox, as she seems to be a fine person and a good athlete.

HGN

Reaction Score
Great news for Lauren , Baylor , and WCBB. It was a very unfortunate occurrence. And Baylor still went on to win the game. You always hate to see any player injured. Whether it's a Uconn player or not.

I am happy it didn't require surgery.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Wow. Happy day for the Cox family and Baylor U.

Reaction Score
I’m so happy it was heart wrenching seeing her in pain on the floor. I love her game and she is one of the players I wish would have come to UCONN. Such a wonderful person and can tell her family is wonderful as well. Im so happy she will be fine for her senior season!!!

GoDawgs4

MSU and All That Too
Reaction Score
Glad to hear this news. For Baylor to have won that game after her injury says a lot. That was a gritty effort by that group of ladies.
Heck of a good game by both teams. I enjoyed watching it. Too bad for us State fans that Ogunbawale waited a year to miss a shot.
Congratulations to Baylor on the win.

Reaction Score
Wish that young lady all the best, and a speedy recovery. Basketball is a game, and everyone cheers on the success and excellence of these young ladies, regardless of where they play. So happy for her parents, who must be tremendously relieved!

Reaction Score
Great to avoid surgery and long rehab! I remember when we were hoping Cox would choose UConn. I thought it would have been an interesting challenge for Geno. With her diabetes, he couldnt do the "I'll tell you when you are tired!" kind of conditioning, and I would have been interested to see how that played out.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I'll always respect her for what she is able do while dealing with Type I diabetes.

Reaction Score
That is great news for Lauren, Baylor WBB fans, and WBB fans in general.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom