Good news from practice | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Good news from practice

Reaction Score
Whenever I bend down to tie my shoes I get a stomach cramp, but it's worth the high I get when I stand back up.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Whenever I bend down to tie my shoes I get a stomach cramp, but it's worth the high I get when I stand back up.
Reminds me of a classic Underdog episode. When he stood up he was right as rain but when he bent over he had a stabbing pain. Got so bad he was about to retire, then he remembered he had a sword in his cape.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I dislocated my finger playing basketball when I was Alex's age. It was ugly. Everyone walked away. I'm saying what do I do? They yelled pull it! I said why don't you do it and they all walked away faster. I sucked it up and pulled it and kept playing because if I quit it was only 9. Forty years later I know when it's going to rain.
Did something similar when I was 21. Screwing around playing a touch football game in the spring I dislocated the ring finger on my left hand. Played baseball the entire spring & summer with the ring finger and middle finger taped together. Shoved them both in the same finger hole in my glove and when I batted, i didn't wrap those two fingers around the bat as it was too painful on contact.

Reaction Score
I dislocated my finger playing basketball when I was Alex's age. It was ugly. Everyone walked away. I'm saying what do I do? They yelled pull it! I said why don't you do it and they all walked away faster. I sucked it up and pulled it and kept playing because if I quit it was only 9. Forty years later I know when it's going to rain.
You're braver than me. I dislocated my finger catching a football about 15 years ago at a family picnic. My nephew volunteered to pull it. I declined and had it done by a doctor the next day. I can still feel it under some circumstances and the finger is a bit crooked.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I broke a toe before a game at the Charleston Classic back in 2019. Getting in the shower at the AirBnB it caught the vanity. Proceeded to buddy tape it and walk 4-5 miles. Let’s just say I was not really happy about being on my feet through our double OT game against Xavier. That toe is still not right, something wrong with my metatarsal below it now actually.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Clingan looked to have been in pain in the second half

Reaction Score
I once pulled a muscle in my neck putting on my socks. Couldn't turn my head enough to get on the freeway. Had to call in sick to work.
I’m still recovering from a sprained wrist cutting the turkey on Thanksgiving using a garden pruner. Who does that btw? It kills. Aches. Finally starting to get better. . . .

Reaction Score
Clingan looked to have been in pain in the second half
That was an odd play. The announcers mentioned he looked like he got hit and you could see him wincing as he ran by AK and AK gave him a look like "what's going on?"
No mention of an injury but all I could think was he may have landed awkwardly on the foot he sprained and reinjured it.
No news so far is, hopefully, good news.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That was an odd play. The announcers mentioned he looked like he got hit and you could see him wincing as he ran by AK and AK gave him a look like "what's going on?"
No mention of an injury but all I could think was he may have landed awkwardly on the foot he sprained and reinjured it.
No news so far is, hopefully, good news.
He set a pick on the opposing player. Donovan is like a brick wall. That player was going so fast the pick laid the player out flat. But the force looked to be against Donovan’s shins. Don’t believe it was a foot issue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom