Good luck this season | The Boneyard

Good luck this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was looking at ESPN's top ten players and seeing Boatright.....I just wanted to stop in and say good luck to UCONN and their fans. I spent a lot of time here the days leading up to the iSU/UConn game and thoroughly enjoyed the site and fans. Really liked your team and Coach Ollie last year and will cheer for them from afar.

Not that my opinion means anything....UCONN fans were very cordial and respectful. It was refreshing to see compared to other programs who have had a lot of success. cough, cough kansas. cough UNC cough kentucky.

Still cursing Daniels. :)

Reaction Score
Most of us aren't too bad to deal with. I enjoyed watching ISU play last season. They were fun to watch and certainly a worthy opponent. Best of luck this season.

Reaction Score
Not that my opinion means anything....UCONN fans were very cordial and respectful. It was refreshing to see compared to other programs who have had a lot of success. cough, cough kansas. cough UNC cough kentucky.

You're from Iowa so you're just too polite to call us s

Reaction Score
The Kentucky fanbase as a whole is awful to deal with. It was quite a pleasure to see them after UConn beat Kentucky in 2011 and 2014 in the Final Four.

Reaction Score
Was looking at ESPN's top ten players and seeing Boatright.....I just wanted to stop in and say good luck to UCONN and their fans. I spent a lot of time here the days leading up to the iSU/UConn game and thoroughly enjoyed the site and fans. Really liked your team and Coach Ollie last year and will cheer for them from afar.

Thanks for the classy post. You guys were great last year, and I think the future is very bright for your squad. Just like us, you have a very good young coach who is an alumnus and takes a lot of pride in that. Iowa State is on the rise.

Reaction Score
pleez keep yo cyclones, killerspinz, tornatoes, whirlwinds, skydragons,typoons, sewmommies, deathmarches,etc outz in cornbelts

after 12 & 14 i donts wants to seize dem sobs for decadz; haves a good daze

Reaction Score
pleez keep yo cyclones, killerspinz, tornatoes, whirlwinds, skydragons,typoons, sewmommies, deathmarches,etc outz in cornbelts

after 12 & 14 i donts wants to seize dem sobs for decadz; haves a good daze
LOL....my son and his football team actually sat through a real tornado in the high school locker room last year. Tornado hit the school and ripped heating and air conditioning units off the roof, destroyed the baseball complex. no one hurt but a lot more scary than Fred and crew.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
@tazclone I think ISU is underrated again this year and I don't know how that's possible. Niang, Hogue and Morris are a strong core. I know the Mayor has a steady string of transfers coming in to plug the holes up. As far as I'm concerned you are the class of the Big 12 this year with OU nipping at your heels with Hield and Spangler. I'll believe Texas when I see it, I think its all hype. We don't know what KU has in Oubre and while Ellis is a stud they lost their rim protector and I have doubts at the point.

The clones were a big reason why I placed in the money in a pick 5 team pool last year. Wish you guys tons of success, and like chap says - Stay out of our bracket.

Reaction Score
@tazclone I think ISU is underrated again this year and I don't know how that's possible. Niang, Hogue and Morris are a strong core. I know the Mayor has a steady string of transfers coming in to plug the holes up. As far as I'm concerned you are the class of the Big 12 this year with OU nipping at your heels with Hield and Spangler. I'll believe Texas when I see it, I think its all hype. We don't know what KU has in Oubre and while Ellis is a stud they lost their rim protector and I have doubts at the point.

The clones were a big reason why I placed in the money in a pick 5 team pool last year. Wish you guys tons of success, and like chap says - Stay out of our bracket.
Fred loves the coaches picking the Clones 5th in the Big 12 behind KSU, texass, OU, and KU. Motivates him and the team. I think most can see OU and KU but Fred could beat Barnes and weber with 8th graders. barnes is the most underperforming coach in the country and weber has already began his illinois type slide.
ISU just had a "scrimmage" with Minny and won 103-78 and didn't play McKay who is not eligible until December. Starting lineup was Morris Dejean-Jones(UNLV transfer), Naz Long, Hogue, Niang. Niang only played 20 min inthe scrimmage Fred has an issue he has never had this year...depth. We have No Illinois transfer Nader, McKay(Marquette shot blocking transfer) starting in mid December, Matt Thomas (PT starter last year), 7'1" greek Tsalmporous and frosh Custer. Legit 10 deep.

How does UCONN look this year? Lost a lot with Shabazz and Daniels but have to think Ollie has some talent to replace them

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Fred loves the coaches picking the Clones 5th in the Big 12 behind KSU, texass, OU, and KU. Motivates him and the team. I think most can see OU and KU but Fred could beat Barnes and weber with 8th graders. barnes is the most underperforming coach in the country and weber has already began his illinois type slide.
ISU just had a "scrimmage" with Minny and won 103-78 and didn't play McKay who is not eligible until December. Starting lineup was Morris Dejean-Jones(UNLV transfer), Naz Long, Hogue, Niang. Niang only played 20 min inthe scrimmage Fred has an issue he has never had this year...depth. We have No Illinois transfer Nader, McKay(Marquette shot blocking transfer) starting in mid December, Matt Thomas (PT starter last year), 7'1" greek Tsalmporous and frosh Custer. Legit 10 deep.

How does UCONN look this year? Lost a lot with Shabazz and Daniels but have to think Ollie has some talent to replace them

Looking forward to seeing what you guys have put together. I knew there must be a lot of transfers in the fold.

UConn has the pieces, its just a matter of if they gel right. We look to have some real offensive talent coming in with top 25 recruit Hamilton and Juco AA Sam Cassell jr. Purvis is a former McD's AA transfer who is currently our starting 2 guard. There's a lot of hype around him, we're waiting to see it with our own eyes and jumping to obscene conclusions in opposite directions after 1 scrimmage. I'm personally leaning towards concerned but that's not a popular opinion around here so early. Happy to be wrong.

The key to the season is Brimah. He definitely looks like hes taking a step forward in his ability to rebound the basketball and finish on lobs around the rim. While he has shown some back to the basket offense it looks easily disrupted if you body him and some attempts last night were not the nicest to look at. He also got into foul trouble which has been a problem. If he stays on the floor we have the potential for a huge advantage inside.

We have some unknowns at our 4 spot offensively, our best chance for offensive output at that spot looks to be Kentan Facey but he was very passive last night in our first look. The good news is we got some exceptional rebounding out of him (9 boards in 18 min) and he was supported by similar strong numbers from our 2 deep PF Rock Lubin.

Boatright flashed bazz like game takeover when things were looking dicey last night and it was intriguing to see him execute typical bazz plays in last years sets (a baseline jump step comes to mind). He won't be late shot clock heroics bazz but does seem to have good enough command of the team to lead in the right way.

I think we're going to take some lumps early but really put it together in late January and go on a run. Of course this may mean we lose the majority of our marquee out of conference games and then get penalized by the seeding committee, we'll just have to be content to make another run from a low seed.

Shooting is the key, if we have legitimate deep threats we can slash to the 2nd level and use Brimah to his biggest strength with lob passes at the rim. Otherwise we're going to be zoned to death.

Reaction Score

Thanks for the kind post, Hoiberg is one of the best coaches in the country and you guys play an exciting brand of basketball. I'll be rooting for you all season, hey maybe we'll face each other again down the road hopefully with a healthy Niang this time.

Reaction Score
Good luck to ISU, I had the same impression of y'all's fans.

Hilarious that tazclone had to meet chap.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Still thanking Niang's broken foot. Can I say that? Respectfully of course.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
LOL....my son and his football team actually sat through a real tornado in the high school locker room last year. Tornado hit the school and ripped heating and air conditioning units off the roof, destroyed the baseball complex. no one hurt but a lot more scary than Fred and crew.

Jeez. Ever thought about moving? : )

pj

Reaction Score

Iowa State is going to have a lot of success under Hoiberg, and it was nice to see Niang make the top 10 too. Stylistically the Cyclones were a really fun team to watch and to play against. Thanks for the well wishes tazclone and same from me to you and your team.

I would say UConn looks a lot like Iowa State. Ten deep with talent, but ... we lost 4 of the top 5 scorers and the top 3 rebounders from last year. New team, new chemistry to form. Just as much talent, but less outside shooting and more size. Looks a lot like some of Jim Calhoun's 1990s teams.

Reaction Score
ISU fans were cool- I did remember one ISU fan that insisted there was no way we were going win the game- reminded me of a poster named RugersAl. I do think we are in similar circumstances this year. It will interesting to see how it shakes out. Good luck with your season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom