Good Hurley News | The Boneyard

Good Hurley News

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Season 8 Episode 22 GIF by THE NEXT STEP

Reaction Score
Nets are probably the team if he decides to do it - clean slate and loads of draft picks. Can’t see Hurley coaching Nova 2.0.

Reaction Score
Nets are probably the team if he decides to do it - clean slate and loads of draft picks. Can’t see Hurley coaching Nova 2.0.
He probably grew up watching them as well. Nets of old played in Piscataway and East Rutherford.

Reaction Score
He’s ours. He had to explore it with the Lakers to know where he belongs. Now he knows.
Likely. Let’s see how this year plays out. If he wins a third and the Nets win the lottery……….

Reaction Score
Likely. Let’s see how this year plays out. If he wins a third and the Nets win the lottery……….
I doubt he's leaving for the Nets job, he's not looking to coach a team who won't even be good before he's ready to retire. If he goes he's taking over a team ready to win

Reaction Score
Teams regularly fire coaches with multiple years remaining on their contract.
This. An extension means nothing. Not that it will happen, but he could literally be gone after next season if they disappoint and go like 40-42.

CL82

Reaction Score
I doubt he's leaving for the Nets job, he's not looking to coach a team who won't even be good before he's ready to retire. If he goes he's taking over a team ready to win
I'm not so sure about this. Dan's whole niche in college was taken over failing teams and rebuilding them. I think he's got faith in that ability. I also think that a successful franchise is far less likely to take a chance a college coach.

Reaction Score
I'm not so sure about this. Dan's whole niche in college was taken over failing teams and rebuilding them. I think he's got faith in that ability. I also think that a successful franchise is far less likely to take a chance a college coach.
Ummm did you miss the Lakers drama last month? Lol

Reaction Score
I tend to disagree with that as well. Let’s say the Nets land Flagg and another young stud. If anything I don’t think Hurley wants some beat down collection of vets that he has to personality manage. He’s a culture builder. It’s a lot easier to do that with a fresh set of young players that are unspoiled versus grizzled vets that have made their money.

The bar in BK would be low too, and that’s what you want. Less stress, more time to do it your way.

CL82

Reaction Score
Never knew that the NJ Nets used to play at The RAC.
I didn't remember that. I just googled it and it looks like they were there for four years.

Reaction Score
Except he's been pretty open about not wanting to coach forever, I think he's already thrown out 60 as an estimate. And in the NBA you only get 2-3 years, there's no patience. Even if he took a rebuilding job like the Nets he's not getting much time to build his system and develop everyone. Just look at what they did to Kenny Atkinson

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I didn't remember that. I just googled it and it looks like they were there for four years.

I did the same thing - they were an NBA team at that point too.

I never knew the Celtics played at the Civic Center either for a few games a year. Saw that a few years ago was actually more shocking haha.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom