Good golly Molly "the happiest person in CT" | The Boneyard

Good golly Molly "the happiest person in CT"

Reaction Score
This brought a tear to my eye.

Aubrey Griffin scores 25 points to help lead UConn over tenacious Seton Hall in second-straight game without Crystal Dangerfield

“Nobody deserves it more, to be able to play meaningful minutes in a meaningful game, as a senior at UConn,” Auriemma said. “It means more to her and Kyla [Irwin] than anyone will ever know. ... Right now, Molly’s probably the happiest person in Connecticut. No doubt about it. Nobody works harder than her and she deserves it. I’m really, really proud of her.”

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Recall stories about Molly remaining in the gym after team practices to practice shooting, all by herself, for hours on end. I also recall stories where Molly wondered if she was good enough to play at this level. Geno consistently told Molly that she was good enough to play at this level and, not surprisingly, Molly’s HC was correct. Good stuff.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
If you listen to the whole postgame press conference, Geno also has some barbs for Molly's performance, which I described in another thread. You can't expect Geno ever to praise a player without throwing in a barb or two.

He's just making sure that she doesn't get the idea that she is the next Moriah Jefferson.

Reaction Score
Yeah like most of you i m happy that Molly and Kyla are getting [much deserved] minutes.

Both of their stories - about hard work and especially perseverance - will go down in UConn lore, isn't that so?

We're seeing history in the making!

Reaction Score
If you listen to the whole postgame press conference, Geno also has some barbs for Molly's performance, which I described in another thread. You can't expect Geno ever to praise a player without throwing in a barb or two.

He's just making sure that she doesn't get the idea that she is the next Moriah Jefferson.

I think Geno subscribes to the theory that if you stop trying to improve you start to regress.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Listen to her post game interview. In her moment to shine, and be lauded for her performance she speaks only of her team mates, her love of the team, and her duty to help take the load off C D. She is a remarkably smart, warm, wonderful kid . UConn is great because they recruit kids with great character and teach them duty and responsibility and humility. They sure hit the jackpot with Miss Molly! Her parents must be so proud!

Reaction Score
UConn fans take special notice of Husky players who labor in relative anonymity. The bench players are often as popular as the regs. Who doesn't count Polly Pulido's last shot in her last game in the last game played by Stewie as a UConn highlight. Oh, it went in, Polly bounced up into the air and ran down the court pumping both fists. And the regs went wild, too.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
UConn fans take special notice of Husky players who labor in relative anonymity. The bench players are often as popular as the regs. Who doesn't count Polly Pulido's last shot in her last game in the last game played by Stewie as a UConn highlight. Oh, it went in, Polly bounced up into the air and ran down the court pumping both fists. And the regs went wild, too.

When I’m having a cruddy day at work, that’s one of the videos I watch to give me a little boost. Her reaction... the team’s reaction... Probably my favorite UConn WBB moment.

Reaction Score
What a special player / teammate, as Bama stated above every comment was about the team. Opening line to how does it feel to play meaningful minutes, "it's definitely bitter sweet because we want Crystal back".
Obviously a fan and team favorite when she gets playing time and deserves every bit of the adulation.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Or this play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom