Good game fellas | The Boneyard

Good game fellas

Reaction Score
I'm late posting this because I'm a big believer in taking a few hours to let the emotions calm down after huge games like we saw today. First off, I want to say great game and congratulate you guys on a fantastic season considering the circumstances. Yes, UConn probably slightly fell short of expectations but when you consider the injuries and the adversity the Huskies dealt with all year and the grit your team played with all the way until the end this is a group that will be remembered in Storrs for many, many years. I know I predicted a huge win for my Bearcats, that's the homer in me, but deep down I was honestly concerned going in to today's game. UConn obviously had a huge home court advantage, the place was nearly 60% full. UConn also was very desperate and had a chance to get the biggest win of Kevin Ollie's career and really one of the biggest wins in UConn history. I knew we'd see and inspired Husky team and crowd and boy did we ever. Brimah was an absolute warrior today and Noyes gave you guys extremely quality minutes. We all knew the game would be physical so I was worried the refs would try and take control of the game, thank goodness they didn't and let both teams play ball. That game was an absolute showcase for the AAC and quite frankly college basketball as a whole. Husky Nation should be proud, your team came to play in a huge way and now you guys will have to sweat it out on Selection Sunday to see which side of the bubble you're on. It's been fun playing you guys this year, all three games have been really fun to watch and uber competitive. Good luck the rest of the season.

P.S. Unfortunately our football game isn't until November 25 as we both close the regular season so you won't see me around for a while. Ya'll take care.

Reaction Score
What a tool of a troll this one seems to be.

Boneyard administrators, thank you wholeheartedly for your service to the UConn fan-base, but isn’t it time to forever banish this piece of excrement?

C

Chief00

I'm late posting this because I'm a big believer in taking a few hours to let the emotions calm down after huge games like we saw today. First off, I want to say great game and congratulate you guys on a fantastic season considering the circumstances. Yes, UConn probably slightly fell short of expectations but when you consider the injuries and the adversity the Huskies dealt with all year and the grit your team played with all the way until the end this is a group that will be remembered in Storrs for many, many years. I know I predicted a huge win for my Bearcats, that's the homer in me, but deep down I was honestly concerned going in to today's game. UConn obviously had a huge home court advantage, the place was nearly 60% full. UConn also was very desperate and had a chance to get the biggest win of Kevin Ollie's career and really one of the biggest wins in UConn history. I knew we'd see and inspired Husky team and crowd and boy did we ever. Brimah was an absolute warrior today and Noyes gave you guys extremely quality minutes. We all knew the game would be physical so I was worried the refs would try and take control of the game, thank goodness they didn't and let both teams play ball. That game was an absolute showcase for the AAC and quite frankly college basketball as a whole. Husky Nation should be proud, your team came to play in a huge way and now you guys will have to sweat it out on Selection Sunday to see which side of the bubble you're on. It's been fun playing you guys this year, all three games have been really fun to watch and uber competitive. Good luck the rest of the season.

P.S. Unfortunately our football game isn't until November 25 as we both close the regular season so you won't see me around for a while. Ya'll take care.

I appreciate your sentiments but how can you say the referees did not try to take control of the game when there were 71 foul shots? They ruin the game. When you look at the box score everything was even but foul shots. You had 21 more. But, more to the point there were just too many so the game never developed a flow and took too long. Not a good day for the AAC brand.

Reaction Score

I'd like to congratulate you on FINALLY beating us in March. It's taken what? 3, 4 years going back to the NCAA tournament. Oh wait, that was SIX years ago. Man, it must be fun winning all of those regular season games against us only to continue to lose when it counts. But hey, even a broken clock is right twice a day. Had to happen sometime in order for it to be a real rivalry.

Also, biggest win of Ollies career? I would happen to guess that winning a National Championship game was bigger, but then again Mick only gets there by buying a ticket.

I know you're joking around, etc and trying to be funny but bad timing. Enjoy being one of the less than 1% of fans that support your school in your own state.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Any casual CBB fan with zero interest in either team that happened to tune in to that game would have changed the channel after five minutes or less. Who would voluntary subject themselves to the torture of watching the worst officiated game in recent memory? Only the fans of the two schools were around as a viewing audience at the end of that snowshow. As for those that were forced to watch it live and in person, the conference should refund your ticket money, along with a letter of apology.

Reaction Score
Congrats on the win. Best of luck today. Cincy's had a great season and has a good shot at a FF run. Really hard-nosed bunch of players.

P.S. you're still a clown and your sense of humor plain sucks. Or hasn't that sunk in yet? At least kobe's cool. Take some lessons from him.

Reaction Score

You are one funny dude. Trolling to a new level.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Whatever 14 seed Cincy plays is probably gonna hit like 15 threes and Mick with lose in the first round. Again.

Reaction Score

Your new official handle in this forum is: Summers Eve. C U Next Time. Summers.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
First, Congrats on the victory - I just wish it were on even terms. The "refs" made a tight even game into a one sided foul contest
Second, not sure if you are drunk, lacking intelligence or just plain - I'm guess the third - Noyes quality minutes? AB a warrior? One thing I did get out of this game is that Clark can score but takes a three step waltz before every move to the hoop - Travel Agent
Third, your coach is an unmitigated scumbag. On national TV he equates the non existent Brimah "punch" to what that Cinci criminal thug Ellis did to the Xavier player. Cronin is an immature little brat.
Lastly, Bugsy stole my thunder - Kobe is a good guy - you are a clown and your attempt to sense of humor is insipid. Do all Cinci fans look and act like the dorks at the XL yesterday? I thought I was in the middle of the West Virginian Appalachians.
If yesterdays victory was worth the need to gloat - it must suck to be you. When you reach a FF come back and gloat but I don't see that so......................
Take your coach, team and your arse to the Cinci chalkboard

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The AAC doesn't reign, it's closer to a joke. From the garbage game times we have to backfill TV schedules to the horrible officials we're stuck with further diminishing our product. The AAC sucks.

Maybe somebody can win a game or two in the dance besides us, that might help the conference basketball wise going forward.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Was that Cincy we were playing? I wasn't sure.

Congrats on the win.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
This dude's clearly a troll, why are people bothering to engage this toolbag in conversation?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hey DB (AACReigns) with 1:00 left vs SMU are you feeling that smug now?

Reaction Score
had a chance to get the biggest win of Kevin Ollie's career and really one of the biggest wins in UConn history.
1999, 2004, 2009, 2011 and 2014 are where the biggest wins in Uconn history can be found. You know, the years Uconn made it to the final four and other than 2009, WON IT ALL - Four times, hard to fathom for a bearcat fan eh? Seeing as you are not accustom to seeing your favorite team win it all, I guess I can forgive you for overlooking such things as championships. Again, you don't have experience with such things. Honorable mention goes to Uconns sweet 16 win over Clemson in 1990 as the next biggest win which put Uconn on the map.

Ollies biggest win was over Kentucky, fyi, followed by Florida and so on and so forth in 2014. So sadly this win, had it been a win, would not have been his biggest, not even close.

But I can excuse you if you see this as one of the bigger Cincy wins, seeing as...well, what exactly does Cincy do in March that is all that great??

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
The Noyes remark actually cheered me up with a bit of a laugh, no doubt the opposite of what it was intended to do. Thanks AAC, I needed that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom