Good crowd yesterday | The Boneyard

Good crowd yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When weather cancels too many matches at Wimbledon and they have to play the middle Sunday, they make the whole thing General Admission. As a result, you get a bunch of fans sitting in seats they wouldn't otherwise have a sniff at.
That's how it was last night and the place had a pretty big crowd. The sidelines were full and the fans were loud in big spots. Maybe one GA game a year might help bring some fans back in to the fold.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I'm had to watch on TV and considered attending because of the reason you mention above, wanting to sit closer than normal. But when I went to buy tickets, all I could get was section 218. So I was a bit confused to see all of the empty seats in the lower level. Why weren't those seats available. The crowd looked small on tv.

Reaction Score
Over 6K in attendance. Section behind AS bench not full meaning not many took the trip from the desert. Got tix in 111, two together, lot of singles in the lower bowl when I went online. Really missed Boat, he would have made a difference.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The place was packed to the rafters on the sidelines. If this was a regular game, I'm sure they would have called it 9K since they take credit for all the student seats even when they are empty.

Reaction Score
The crowd was twice as good as I thought it would be.
Same. I saw the crowd at the Pitt game the other night (only friends and family in attendance) and I was kind of impressed with the attendance at the Uconn game actually.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I was there! Sat right across from KOs son. I was jumping up and down pounding my chest getting rowdy after every run we had. The intensity apparently was contagious. We need to extend the student section to the side lines across from the team benches. I wonder if there is any way to petition to the athletic department to make that happen? I'm 3 years removed from being a student but I still feel like one and will always feel that way.

Reaction Score
When weather cancels too many matches at Wimbledon and they have to play the middle Sunday, they make the whole thing General Admission. As a result, you get a bunch of fans sitting in seats they wouldn't otherwise have a sniff at.
That's how it was last night and the place had a pretty big crowd. The sidelines were full and the fans were loud in big spots. Maybe one GA game a year might help bring some fans back in to the fold.

Great idea Bill

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
The crowd was loud & the atmosphere was great. I thought that when Omar hit the 3 to tie, we would be off to the races...SIGH! It never occurred to me that they would lose. Still, I am so glad that I was there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom