Good Bazz Trait | The Boneyard

Good Bazz Trait

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
I just felt that a thread like this is warranted.

Shabazz needs to be praised for his ability to get opponents to foul him. When he gets to the line, he shoots 88%. It's a great case of him focusing on his strengths.
This is something I noticed Kemba did really well and we all know how that story ends.

Ex/
He was 4-4 from the line against Houston.
10-11 from the line against Rutgers. Without those 10 points we're looking at a 72-71 final, or a loss.

And not only are those points important, getting our opponents with high foul counts is huge. Bazz goes in and gets their bigs/forwards to foul him --> which makes them play softer down low --> gives our bigs more chances to go up strong later when it counts & gets us to the line more overall, once we get bonus and double bonus.

I imagine Bazz keeps this up throughout the season. But if we can get Daniels on the same page, all other things aside, I think we're AAC champs and possible final four/nat. champ contenders.

Reaction Score
Daniels needs to draw more fouls , it's unacceptable how little he goes to the line

Reaction Score
I have to say though, I really hate that head juke that he does. Drives me crazy.

Reaction Score
I have to say though, I really hate that head juke that he does. Drives me crazy.

It gets results though, that was one of Kemba's marquee moves and was huge for him to get to the line and keep momentum going.

If it were easy everyone would do it

Reaction Score
It gets results though, that was one of Kemba's marquee moves and was huge for him to get to the line and keep momentum going.

If it were easy everyone would do it
Works maybe 20% of the time

Reaction Score
Works maybe 20% of the time

It's not like there's any negative consequences when it doesn't work. Low risk, moderate reward--nothing wrong with little guys having it in their arsenal.

Reaction Score
Its mind boggling how Bazz gets rebounds, much more than his teammates who are 8+ inches taller. That is a trait not talked about much, but it shows that whatever it takes to win he will do it.

As for the being hit by a car move, somehow it doesn't seem to impede his shot or continuation. Its copying Kemba (maybe a bit more exaggerated) but it doesn't bother me, in fact its quite humorous at times. He's only 5'10"(?) so he needs whatever advantages he can get. Crafty move but I do hope it doesn't catch on with other players in Div 1 over the years.

Reaction Score
It's not like there's any negative consequences when it doesn't work. Low risk, moderate reward--nothing wrong with little guys having it in their arsenal.
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer