Good Amore on Larry Brown…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Good read. Lots of great tidbits.

I like Dom ... but it's not a Dom article unless there's multiple typos

With blogs, I don't care too much about mistakes, I just care about volume. But this is an article. Can the Courant no longer afford an editor? Serious question, not sarcasm.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
With blogs, I don't care too much about mistakes, I just care about volume. But this is an article. Can the Courant no longer afford an editor? Serious question, not sarcasm.

I can't figure out if it's an article or not ... he has a sentence in there that says "a lot of which will show up in the Sunday Courant" or something like that.

Regardless, I generally agree with you about blogs vs. articles when it comes to typos ... but Amore is a horrible offender. His volume of typos is astounding.

Reaction Score
tykurez said:
I can't figure out if it's an article or not ... he has a sentence in there that says "a lot of which will show up in the Sunday Courant" or something like that.

Regardless, I generally agree with you about blogs vs. articles when it comes to typos ... but Amore is a horrible offender. His volume of typos is astounding.

The URL is "courant blogs" - he was just teasing an article. Although he gave out a lot of material for a tease.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I like Dom ... but it's not a Dom article unless there's multiple typos

They're in there. “It was a long day for the plays,” Brown said, as he finally exited the gym. “Not for me.”

Pretty sure he meant players.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The URL is "courant blogs" - he was just teasing an article. Although he gave out a lot of material for a tease.

You're absolutely correct. I only looked at all the text AFTER the ".com/". I just assumed "courant.com/....". Stupid me.

Reaction Score
I am sometimes amazed by the typos from Amore and Silver. These guys write for a living! However, they both at least provide substance in their articles and it is obvious that they care about doing a good job even if they are not the best from a grammar standpoint.

Looking at Amore's work recently you have to wonder what the heck happened to Des Conner. The guy used to be the best of the football beat writers and loved by most. I remember wanting to say hello to him personally in South Bend and thanking him for the job he was doing. Now it is like he hates his job and will not put an ounce of effort into any of his articles or blog posts (when he has the decency to actually write something).

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great article.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I am sometimes amazed by the typos from Amore and Silver. These guys write for a living! However, they both at least provide substance in their articles and it is obvious that they care about doing a good job even if they are not the best from a grammar standpoint.

Looking at Amore's work recently you have to wonder what the heck happened to Des Conner. The guy used to be the best of the football beat writers and loved by most. I remember wanting to say hello to him personally in South Bend and thanking him for the job he was doing. Now it is like he hates his job and will not put an ounce of effort in any of his articles or blog posts (when he has the decency to actually write something).
Writing for a living and typos are not mutually exclusive. At all.

Reaction Score
Mutumbo and Iverson in attendance. Thirteen years ago KO,brown,dikembe and iverson assembled to steal a game @ LA in the finals from the (IMO) most dominant team to ever.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Looking at Amore's work recently you have to wonder what the heck happened to Des Conner. The guy used to be the best of the football beat writers and loved by most. I remember wanting to say hello to him personally in South Bend and thanking him for the job he was doing. Now it is like he hates his job and will not put an ounce of effort in any of his articles or blog posts (when he has the decency to actually write something).

He has a clear disdain for his best customers. That's just not good business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom