Gonna say this alot this year, but the defense needs to win this game on Friday | The Boneyard

Gonna say this alot this year, but the defense needs to win this game on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Even if the O doesn't turn it over much.

I watched the Iowa St, Iowa game and their QB is pretty damn good...big kid with a good arm and some wheels.

Will be lots of pressure on the secondary and the front four will need to both pressure and contain.

Going into the season, I thought for sure we'd win this game but after last Saturday's debacle, not so sure.

Reaction Score
Honestly, until I see differently, there is only one game on the schedule that I'm absolutely 100% confident we will win. That's the Buffalo game. I think we will win the Western Michigan as well, but it's not a gimme.

There's plenty of silver linings in an otherwise hideous Saturday night. I think once we get DJ on the field it will improve our running game. Lyle cannot carry the rock 25 times a game at his size. I like the thunder and lightning running attack. Also, defensively, our front 7 can really, really play. Teddy Jennings has really stepped up. And Smallwood is going to be an impact player for the next 4 years.

I really would like to see a nice bounceback game this Friday night. I'll settle for steady, if not great QB play. Win the battle defensively and on special teams and come away with a nice solid win.

Reaction Score
I agree about Friday, but we all know this O will have to get better fast and hold their weight. The D can't win every game for them this year. Should injuries start piling up we're really cooked.

Despite the Vandy performance, I'd expect the Rent will be rockin' Friday night. They'll need the 12th man in the worst way. Should be a good atmosphere for football.

Reaction Score
WERE IN A DOG FIGHT! HEY MAYBE OUR 12TH MAN WILL DO THE JOB... LET'S BE ELECTRIFYING FANS!!

Do you literally sit there and scream at your computer? For some unknown reason, I find myself picturing you shotgunning like 6 Red Bulls, furiously pounding away on the keys and yelling every word you type.

Reaction Score
Our defense is too good to keep losing games like last week. The offense can only get better (I hope).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom