Gone are the days..

Hoops91

The Truth Factory
Reaction Score
1. Playing in the AAC
2. Watching Big Josh chasing his guy out past the 3pt line
3. RJ inbounding the ball
4. The offense looking for Gaffney to bail them out
5. Watching the 3man weave going no where at the top.
6. Watching Danny having no control on the bench with refs
7. Guys missing bunnies at the rim
8. Not finishing on fast breaks
9. Starting a game off down 10 against at team ranked 250 in D1
10. Did I mention the playing in the AAC.

I’m sure I missed a couple gone are the days of..

Finally this team is back. Took Danny a few years but he’s got the horses now. I’d love to see them get back to the glory days! Happy Holidays!!

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
1. Playing in the AAC

Finally this team is back. Took Danny a few years but he’s got the horses now. I’d love to see them get back to the glory days! Happy Holidays!!
"Gone, gone are the days when you could tell the cities by the color of their smoke."

Reaction Score
Gone are the days of losing to Tulane and Tulsa and many other bad programs. And constantly losing recruiting battles for the best players. And never seeing our highlights on ESPN or any other sports outtake. And pretending to still be a top notch program with second rate players. And sweating it out down the stretch of the season about making the NCAA tournament. And not being relevant in the world of college basketball. Just to name a few. Good to be back to being UConn!!! Really looking forward to seeing how the guys respond tomorrow night in Florida.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Gone are the days of losing to Tulane and Tulsa and many other bad programs. And constantly losing recruiting battles for the best players. And never seeing our highlights on ESPN or any other sports outtake. And pretending to still be a top notch program with second rate players. And sweating it out down the stretch of the season about making the NCAA tournament. And not being relevant in the world of college basketball. Just to name a few. Good to be back to being UConn!!! Really looking forward to seeing how the guys respond tomorrow night in Florida.
It was due to the AAC debacle and if think for one moment that any UConn Coach or UConn fan wanted the ensuing issues you are kidding yourself.If UConn was still in the OBE or in any P5 and still faced recruitment issues then it would be bad.

Reaction Score
I guess this comment would be relevant if we ever lost to Tulane.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Never lost to Tulane!

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
How I want to remember our later years in the AAC…

Will Smith Memory GIF by STARZ

Reaction Score
I guess this comment would be relevant if we ever lost to Tulane.
I stand corrected on losing to Tulane. Mixed them in with some of the other bad programs we lost to in the dark years

Reaction Score
Not sure of anyone else here, but I never could recite all of the AAC conference teams.

Reaction Score
Gone are the days of getting spanked at Houston on those late Friday night tip offs. Getting owned by SMU. Basically taking an L whenever we played west of the Mississippi.

Reaction Score
1. Playing in the AAC

Falling centers, constantly dropped balls, and 10 fouls 10 minutes in will not be missed. Only for the thrill of tv drama, watching us chip away at 20 pt halftime leads to lose in the final possession were fun from an entertainment platform. But I can move on.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Did we ever win a road game at Tulsa? Place was a nightmare and we seemingly would be in control for the whole game until crazy crap happened in the last 4 minutes of the game to have the rug pulled from under us.

God I hate playing at Tulsa.

Reaction Score
Did we ever win a road game at Tulsa? Place was a nightmare and we seemingly would be in control for the whole game until crazy crap happened in the last 4 minutes of the game to have the rug pulled from under us.

God I hate playing at Tulsa.
Yep, Bouknight had 20 in the second half at Tulsa to lead us to a win on 2/6/2020.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom