Gold Medal Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gold Medal Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wish these commentators would just call the game. I don't need storytime the whole game. Especially when they talk and talk and talk to sat nothing.
The guy that's announcing has two favorite sayings: shot clock is unplugged and that's a healthy three.

Reaction Score
I wish these commentators would just call the game. I don't need storytime the whole game. Especially when they talk and talk and talk to sat nothing.

Ahh, you must have never heard Ann Meyers call a game. This is how she ALWAYS is. Although today she is giving a gold medal performance in run on sentences and random stream of consciousness.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Thank you!!! I have wanted to say something about Ann Meyers!!! I had forgotten about how she called games as she used to all the time. I get tired of hearing Tennessee references. It's a little nauseating.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I just want to give props to Angel McCoutry (sp?). In the past I have been a strong critic of her attitude but during these Games she has shown she can be a real team player.

Honestly,

I agree but of the mind it has to do with coaching. I'm sure she is aware that GA won't take it. I always felt she would do better with a tough coach.

Reaction Score
I just want to give props to Angel McCoutry (sp?). In the past I have been a strong critic of her attitude but during these Games she has shown she can be a real team player.

Not every player with Angel's talent level would stand to benefit from being coached by Geno in college. When you're that talented, you'll be good no matter who you're coached by.

But I think Angel is one of the ones who would have benefited. I think that her professional game would have been closer to her Olympics game, if Geno had been around in those formative college years. Her pro game's great, but the Olympic game is even better, IMO. (I think Griner is another one who would have benefited)

Reaction Score
Not every player with Angel's talent level would stand to benefit from being coached by Geno in college. When you're that talented, you'll be good no matter who you're coached by.

But I think Angel is one of the ones who would have benefited. I think that her professional game would have been closer to her Olympics game, if Geno had been around in those formative college years. Her pro game's great, but the Olympic game is even better, IMO. (I think Griner is another one who would have benefited)
I had that same thought, and EDD could have benefited on her defensive play.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Thank you!!! I have wanted to say something about Ann Meyers!!! I had forgotten about how she called games as she used to all the time. I get tired of hearing Tennessee references. It's a little nauseating.

I taught sports broadcasting for many years, though this doesn't mean I know it all; tastes can vary as well. But one thing I am pretty sure of is that commentary needs to be connected to the game in front of you (your audience's game).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom