Going to be on campus tomorrow… | The Boneyard

Going to be on campus tomorrow…

Reaction Score
So I’m going to be on campus tomorrow (Wednesday). It’s been 31 years since I graduated and 7 since my youngest toured the school. That was the last time I was on campus…and I was so lost! Obviously, I’m going to hit the Dairy Bar. Maybe check out the Coop, if I can find it and if it’s open. What else should I check out? I’ll probably walk by the Shenkman Center and the Basketball Champions Center.

Any other suggestions…any place to do lunch?

Reaction Score
Maybe the sports museum at the Alumni Center if you never been. I tried for the new ice arena when going to campus for a baseball game, but contractors were installing panels up top, and the entrances were closed.

Reaction Score
So I’m going to be on campus tomorrow (Wednesday). It’s been 31 years since I graduated and 7 since my youngest toured the school. That was the last time I was on campus…and I was so lost! Obviously, I’m going to hit the Dairy Bar. Maybe check out the Coop, if I can find it and if it’s open. What else should I check out? I’ll probably walk by the Shenkman Center and the Basketball Champions Center.

Second the Sports Museum @ the UConn Alumni Center.

If you can find Gampel/Werth Family Champions Center on Jim Calhoun Way - you will surely stumble into the UConn Bookstore (aka “Co-Op”). Check out Morrone Stadium and Elliot Ballpark next to Burton/Shenkman. All in the same general area of campus.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
As a 30+ year alum myself, I was blown away by the new Student Recreation Center, all 191,000 sq ft of it. A must see. When my wife and I were there 2 years ago they gave us a guided tour. It's worth it. A whole different experience than the Guyer Gymnasium.

Reaction Score

Check out the new baseball stadium, hockey arena and the recreation center across from bookstore.

Reaction Score

For lunch I'd say Dog Lane Cafe on campus - or the bidwell not too far off campus

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Fenton River Grill for lunch, down 195.

Reaction Score
Hey, thanks all for the suggestions. What an awesome campus! Parked at the Dairy Bar had some Hurley Almond Swirly. Then walked to the Alumni Center via the Jungle and Frats. To those who suggested the sports museum int eh Alumni Center, wow!, it was awesome. Wife and I just enjoyed walking around and seeing all the memoabilia. Got to ooh and ah over all those Natty’s. Checked out the all century hoop team and could name most of them. This pace was definitely the highlight of the day. Then walked to the Champions Center and Burton Complex. impressive buildings even if they were locked up tight! Bought new shirts at the bookstore for next football season and walked back to the Dairy Bar. Beautiful day. Beautiful campus.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom