Going into the tournament, how far will UConn go? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Going into the tournament, how far will UConn go?

Going into the tournament, what are your reasonable expectations?

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Gonzaga is just that much better than every other team this year

From another pay site:

Gonzaga 26.5%
Arizona 12.2%
Kansas 7.9%
Kentucky 6.8%
Auburn 6.4%
This article is similar.

Entering this year’s tournament, there’s only one team that surpasses the winners’ AdjEM average of 28.2: Gonzaga, which sits at 32.97. Should the Bulldogs finally cut down the nets, they would have the third-highest starting AdjEM of any national champion since 2002, behind only Virginia in 2019 and Kansas in 2008.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
LOL. This was a great idea. Can click on the votes and see who all the mojo epic fails are on here.

smh.
Not really much different from daring to fill out a bracket without UConn as winner. I don't do that either.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Both Providence and Uconn went 1-1 in the BET… last time Providence got smoked ( by Marquette) we went on a run! also keep in mind we destroyed Creighton by 21 ( let up at one point we were up by 28) and they beat us by 27, so what…good luck getting past New Mexico State!!
With a strong sense of conference loyalty, I'll root for any other Big East team in every matchup unless UConn is the opponent, but the pretty clear vibe coming out of the BET is that Providence avoided 3 additional losses by not rescheduling Creighton, Seton Hall, and UConn w/Sanogo.

Your team's challenge is to dispel that recent impression. Good luck. Really.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Don’t want credit but you really think you’re winning it all, really? Hurley Can’t handle the pressure and is your weakest link, dudes an infant and nobody here can deny that fact… he loses it too quickly… will be your downfall!
You wouldn't know this of course, but one of the prerequisites to winning it all is believing that you're going to win it all.

Reaction Score
You wouldn't know this of course, but one of the prerequisites to winning it all is believing that you're going to win it all.
Ok sure, since you fans believe it, it will come true good god the players are the ones that need to produce and make it come true, they need to believe it and let me tell you, you’re not a thought in their mind that powers their belief, you think you are but no you’re not connected with the players that way… first off they believe they are good enough to make a living at the pro level and this is the platform that will get them there, second talent is important, do you realize this fact, you know, talent, and although Uconn has some real good players in Cole, Sanogo and Martin, the remaining team is just not talented enough to get by Arkansas! So to sum it up, your belief is great to make you feel good and rah, rah, rah on this board, but is not realistic!

Reaction Score
With a strong sense of conference loyalty, I'll root for any other Big East team in every matchup unless UConn is the opponent, but the pretty clear vibe coming out of the BET is that Providence avoided 3 additional losses by not rescheduling Creighton, Seton Hall, and UConn w/Sanogo.

Your team's challenge is to dispel that recent impression. Good luck. Really.
You obviously don’t understand how rescheduling works in the BE - I understand the uneducated fans of the BE Conference teams who want to see PC fail because we are #1, who just want to bang there heads against the wall swearing that PC avoided those three games by not rescheduling them need to learn ( as long as it takes your mini mental brain to figure it out) that the Big East Conference RESCHEDULES ALL THE GAMES AND CONTROLS WHICH TEAMS CAN AND CANNOT MAKE THEM UP! So with that knowledge how can you sit there and say Providence avoided three additional losses by not rescheduling them?? Are you just plain stupid? By the way we are 25-5, beat Uconn and would of either gone 3-0 or 2-1 in those three games! Uconn would have lost by double digits at Providence, so whose the lucky team? You avoided another loss!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Ok sure, since you fans believe it, it will come true good god the players are the ones that need to produce and make it come true, they need to believe it and let me tell you, you’re not a thought in their mind that powers their belief, you think you are but no you’re not connected with the players that way… first off they believe they are good enough to make a living at the pro level and this is the platform that will get them there, second talent is important, do you realize this fact, you know, talent, and although Uconn has some real good players in Cole, Sanogo and Martin, the remaining team is just not talented enough to get by Arkansas! So to sum it up, your belief is great to make you feel good and rah, rah, rah on this board, but is not realistic!
Fail Empire Strikes Back GIF by Star Wars

Reaction Score
You obviously don’t understand how rescheduling works in the BE - I understand the uneducated fans of the BE Conference teams who want to see PC fail because we are #1, who just want to bang there heads against the wall swearing that PC avoided those three games by not rescheduling them need to learn ( as long as it takes your mini mental brain to figure it out) that the Big East Conference RESCHEDULES ALL THE GAMES AND CONTROLS WHICH TEAMS CAN AND CANNOT MAKE THEM UP! So with that knowledge how can you sit there and say Providence avoided three additional losses by not rescheduling them?? Are you just plain stupid? By the way we are 25-5, beat Uconn and would of either gone 3-0 or 2-1 in those three games! Uconn would have lost by double digits at Providence, so whose the lucky team? You avoided another loss!
tldr/

Thank you for your interest in Connecticut Basketball

Reaction Score
A pay site I use for betting, algorithms and advanced metrics has UConn’s chances as follows:

Advance to round of 32: 79%
Advance to sweet sixteen: 43.1%
Advance to elite eight : 9.2%
Advance to final four : 3.6%
Advance to finals: 1.3%
National Champs: 0.5%

Most likely to win tournament

Gonzaga 30.2%
Auburn 11.2%
Arizona 10.8%
Kentucky 8.3%
Kansas 8%
I'm surprised that we're favored that much in a hypothetical 2nd round game (advancing 43/79 ~ 54% of the time), or that we're that severe an underdog (~20% to win) in the Sweet 16 against Gonzaga.

Reaction Score
Nah B, you’re just a tool trying too hard to be cool, go get your pedicure and call it a day B!
You typed that while looking in the mirror...you're a talented troll.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Here’s what I know. Sitting in 116 at MSG Friday night I snapped this shot:

20C9D36C-9574-4AAC-931D-9411F3018188.jpeg

Every team you got second time around would've done this to you. Including UConn. Creighton treated you like a bitch.

Reaction Score
Nice to have trolls on the board again. Feels right.

DOOMED!!!

Reaction Score
Come on Silly Willy!!! Number 1? You won a big east regular season title without playing a full schedule and then got beat by 30 in the BET. The regular season is meaningless once these games kickoff Thursday!!!

Reaction Score
Nice to have trolls on the board again. Feels right.
And I was naive enough to think they'd stop after the total humiliation. I suppose this means we can look forward to more even after SDSU runs them out of the building.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Your writing is demonstrably erroneous in vocabulary, word choice, punctuation, and spelling. Your argument fails for being built upon poor reading comprehension. And your inability or unwillingness to accept well-wishing is just boorish behavior unbefitting a guest.

If you want details, poke me for round two, but mere reference to your self-exposure should remain sufficient.

You'd have served your favorite team, your fellow visiting fans, and our shared conference if you'd simply exercised the clearly presented option to simply say, "Thank you."

Only because you asked, I'm neither plain nor stupid.

Reaction Score
Feels like a Sweet 16 year - I could say that falling short would be a disappointment and moving beyond would be a bonus...but honestly, it's just nice to be back in the conversation again, where we should be.

Reaction Score
Sorry, I voted for no wins at all because one win to get to 32 wasn't an option.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom