Going into the tournament, how far will UConn go? | The Boneyard

Going into the tournament, how far will UConn go?

Going into the tournament, what are your reasonable expectations?

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Elite 8 because it's UConns time. What I call the core four of Martin, Cole, Whaley and Polley should carry us that far because of experience and a battle tested schedule of Big East Games. I also expect them to elevate their games during crunch time. Make it happen boys.

Reaction Score
Tough team to gauge. They could be a dark horse to the FF, they could go down in flames against NMSU in a typical 12 over 5 upset, and everything in between. They have a boatload of potential, tons, but they need to be engaged for a full 40 minutes and get on a roll. Play like they did vs Nova in game 2 or Auburn and the Rbacks and Zags better be careful, play like they did in Nova game 1 or WVU and Zags will steam roll them, if Arkansas doesn't. This is a tough 12/5 matchup, but thankfully they did not get Richmond, Michigan or VTech which was what I was afriad of prior to the bracket being announced. But goodness they have tons of potential, that can't be over stated or stated enough, hope they can live up to it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
USA Today article says UConn is one of the six dark horses you don't want to play in the Tournament.. IMO--My contrarian view--How much production do we get from our bench?? Our defense and rebounding will keep us in games. We have a tough bracket.. Respect our opponents-Don't fear them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lose 1st round - 30%
2nd round or better - 70% [70% chance of winning 1st round]
Sweet 16 or better - 30% [slight underdog in 2nd round]
Elite 8 or better - 10% [significant underdog in Sweet 16]
Final Four or better - 5% [coin flip if we make the Elite 8]

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
How everyone is not picking National Champion is mind boggling. My world has been shattered this week between this and seeing all the UConn fans at MSG sitting on their duffs to start the games. I feel like Sylvester Stallone in demolition man coming out of Cryo-Penitentiary and seeing what the world has become.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This team had a pre-99 feel to it. Closer to the Dream Season in terms of talent, no obvious lottery picks like Donyell, or Ray and no 20 NBA guys like Cliffy. And they haven't really shown they can be expected to beat FF level teams. It could, err, should happen of course.

It again comes down to execution and staying out of foul trouble. The team that beat Nova is FF caliber. The teams than lost to Nova, Creighton are going home before NOLA.

I like our match up against the Zags, I'm not wild about playing TT if we get that far. I think they can win the first 2 with solid play and no one on the other side going all Kadary Richmond on us.

Reaction Score
The team has the defensive chops to go very far in this tourney but if Cole or Polley aren’t hitting the 3 and we have a bad scoring drought it’s going to be over. We’ve already beaten some 2 of the best teams in the country.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
1) what's the difference between Semis and Final 4?
2) where is round of 32?
3) doesn't matter because the answer is national championship. Smack around NMSU, win a close one over the Cinderellas from Burlington, upset of the tourney over the Zags, rudely and gloriously send K off to pasture, Hurley over Cronin, then get payback over Nova in an all Big East showdown. Pretty simple really.

Reaction Score
USA Today article says UConn is one of the six dark horses you don't want to play in the Tournament.. IMO--My contrarian view--How much production do we get from our bench?? Our defense and rebounding will keep us in games. We have a tough bracket.. Respect our opponents-Don't fear them.
We just need to play defense and make it “Big East Ugly”

Reaction Score
And they haven't really shown they can be expected to beat FF level teams.

Huh? Auburn and Nova, as two seeds, aren't final four level teams?

My view is there is no game we'll play where I don't think we'll have a realistic chance to win. On the other hand, my concern is whether there is a realistic chance we can play six straight games without an offensive stinker where we don't break 60.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Your comparing yourself to Stallone hahaha… nope! Uconn will be lucky to make it to second round and Arkansas will smoke em if they do! National Champions, you’re delusional!! Amirite…
How everyone is not picking National Champion is mind boggling. My world has been shattered this week between this and seeing all the UConn fans at MSG sitting on their duffs to start the games. I feel like Sylvester Stallone in demolition man coming out of Cryo-Penitentiary and seeing what the world has b

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom