God's Bear | The Boneyard

God's Bear

Reaction Score
Asbjørn (Danish for "God's Bear") Midtgaard - his stats on the season aren't that impressive, but dude is a freaking mountain at 7'0" and 270. He caused some problems for us last night. He's the kind of depth at the 5 that we need.

1551453778109.png

Reaction Score
We had zero response for him. Reminds me of games where somehow Carlton just goes off in the second half, rebounding everything, getting position on offense. The issue lies in our two "wing" 4's Wilson/Polly are not natural rebounders. We needed them out there to guard McDuffie, but they give us nothing as our second "big" body on the court.

Reaction Score
This guy did everything right defensively. Hands straight up, Jumps straight up. Keeps hands up on O, moved well. This kid will be SOLID

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Can we hire someone solely to recruit internationally? Like the European soccer scouts who pull a diamond out of a pile of crap in Kazakhstan and tell the manager "here, sign this guy".

Reaction Score
A power forward would be a nice addition to the Huskies. That would help in these situations.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Didn't he block a Clod reverse layup without leaving the floor?

Josh = Clod

Reaction Score
There was a point in the 2nd half with like 10 minutes left or something and this kid blocks us 3 times in a row or something and then bodies his way down low for easy twos. Then a blown call where the ball clearly went out on him, but they got that ball back and then some other guy got an easy two against Vital down low. That was a play that changed the outcome of the gane

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This is the game that made me realize we're probably at least two years away from being good again. We're so small inside and anytime we face a team with legitimate size we get abused in the paint. Last night we had to scratch and claw for every rebound because we couldn't box them out. And now we don't have anybody with size coming in for next year, so unless Hurley comes up with someone out of thin air we're two years away from someone with decent size that can throw their weight around in the paint. I just don't see how we can have success with such scrawny frontcourt players.

Reaction Score
This guy did everything right defensively. Hands straight up, Jumps straight up. Keeps hands up on O, moved well. This kid will be SOLID

He did some good things but got away with a lot. He walks into people even when his hands are straight up refs missed 2-3 of those (one on Carltons dunk should've been an and 1)and he hip checks everyone on his picks, should've fouled out first half. But we still didn't have an answer but his only scoring inside came because Carlton had to rotate and help because our defense was shoddy. Nice extra body no doubt, strong kid no doubt I'd take him as a back up.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He did some good things but got away with a lot. He walks into people even when his hands are straight up refs missed 2-3 of those (one on Carltons dunk should've been an and 1)and he hip checks everyone on his picks, should've fouled out first half. But we still didn't have an answer but his only scoring inside came because Carlton had to rotate and help because our defense was shoddy. Nice extra body no doubt, strong kid no doubt I'd take him as a back up.

How tall was he even Mau? 6’5’’, 6’6’’?

Reaction Score
Asbjørn (Danish for "God's Bear") Midtgaard - his stats on the season aren't that impressive, but dude is a freaking mountain at 7'0" and 270. He caused some problems for us last night. He's the kind of depth at the 5 that we need.

View attachment 40350
Think the JUCO target can offer this? If so I can live with that kind of physicality.

Reaction Score
This is the game that made me realize we're probably at least two years away from being good again. We're so small inside and anytime we face a team with legitimate size we get abused in the paint. Last night we had to scratch and claw for every rebound because we couldn't box them out. And now we don't have anybody with size coming in for next year, so unless Hurley comes up with someone out of thin air we're two years away from someone with decent size that can throw their weight around in the paint. I just don't see how we can have success with such scrawny frontcourt players.
We’ve been 2 years away from size for 7 years. Phil and amidah?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
For those old enough to remember, our front court players (except Cobb) are reminiscent of the 98 lb. weakling getting sand kicked in his face by the beach bullies in the Charles Atlas magazine ads.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

View attachment 40350

Absolutely love watching that dude run around the court. Even disinterested people next to me in the bar are like, 'holy crap who is that dude?' Imagine what it's like for the players on the floor. Intimidating.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom