• Pele

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Roger Federer

• Rafael Nadal

• Novak Djokovic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please feel free to comment below)

Votes: 12 5.6%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I know I choose Ruth without hesitation. Was the first superstar athlete. Yes I know it was different times back then as no one threw 95 plus. Also back then there was zero technology or film or scouting reports, no athlete to model his game after. Also did it all on cigars and beer.
Also no black people.

It's such a weird topic. Who did things that nobody else in their sport could ever do? Who was the best at multiple sports? Who could run the fastest, jump, the highest, was the strongest? Who won the most championships? Team sport vs. individual sport? Who changed the way their sport is played the most?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I know I choose Ruth without hesitation. Was the first superstar athlete. Yes I know it was different times back then as no one threw 95 plus. Also back then there was zero technology or film or scouting reports, no athlete to model his game after. Also did it all on cigars and beer.

Created a dynasty in Boston and turned the Yankees from the loser team from NY into the Yankee dynasty.
I'm not sure that you are correct in claiming "no one threw
95 plus". They just didn't have technology to measure the (allegedly) exact velocity at its highest point. I'll go so far as to claim that Walter Johnson had a better fastball than anyone today.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure that you are correct in claiming "no one threw
95 plus". They just didn't have technology to measure the (allegedly) exact velocity at its highest point. I'll go so far as to claim that Walter Johnson had a better fastball than anyone today.
Alright all the more reason why Ruth is the GOAT.

Reaction Score
I was just watching some Leonel Messi career highlights and I had to chuckle, this list has 3 tennis players on it. Throw Maradona in the mix too.

Reaction Score
Alright all the more reason why Ruth is the GOAT.
I am not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread cause I haven’t read everything, but the year that Babe Ruth hit 60 home runs, no team had ever hit that many.

I am not big on comparing athletes of different sports against each other because each sport has someone so dominating they are the best. (Wayne Gretzky in hockey, Joan Joyce in softball, Ricky Carmichael in motocross, etc). However, I came on here to say that it is no longer even arguable who is the greatest football player of all time is. It’s Tom Brady. Today against the Saints - unbelievable. Down 13 with 3:03 in the game. Throws game-winning touchdown with 18 seconds, only to have it called back for holding. No despair, let’s just do it again. Both TDs in final 3 minutes to rookie receivers.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I am not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread cause I haven’t read everything, but the year that Babe Ruth hit 60 home runs, no team had ever hit that many.

I am not big on comparing athletes of different sports against each other because each sport has someone so dominating they are the best. (Wayne Gretzky in hockey, Joan Joyce in softball, Ricky Carmichael in motocross, etc). However, I came on here to say that it is no longer even arguable who is the greatest football player of all time is. It’s Tom Brady. Today against the Saints - unbelievable. Down 13 with 3:03 in the game. Throws game-winning touchdown with 18 seconds, only to have it called back for holding. No despair, let’s just do it again. Both TDs in final 3 minutes to rookie receivers.
It was an amazing finish and not surprising given Brady's history. But to get that point, Brady had to suck for the first 56:57.

It would've felt different had he rallied from 13 behind to pull out a 38-37 win.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
It was an amazing finish and not surprising given Brady's history. But to get that point, Brady had to suck for the first 56:57.

It would've felt different had he rallied from 13 behind to pull out a 38-37 win.

Would have been nice if they scored two more point.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Tom isn't what he was. But the fact that when they took the shackles off and ran 2 minute offense for two series, and he managed two TD drives suggests that the offense is the main problem. He's basically calling the plays in those situations, instead of the coaches.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom