Goals for the Season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Goals for the Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You lost me at the thought that we would have two 30k crowds this years. It’s more likely that Jennifer Lopez would decide that I’m a better life partner than Ben Affleck.
In reality you probably would be a better life partner for her!

Reaction Score
Here are my goals for the season. The intention is to have goals that are reasonably obtainable.

1) Win 6 games and yes, go bowling. I know - that's a massive step up, but I think winning 6 has to be the goal at the start of the season. As for a bowl, not going to worry about the limited of access (I think ESPN will actually find a home for us), lets just qualify and see what happens. I am not saying we will win 6 games, but for this team, that ought to be the target and from what the players have said, it seems that is what they are aiming for.

2) Attendance- inflection point. I have low expectations on the CCSU (probably 18-20k) and Syracuse games (probably just 20-25k)...hoping that by the time we get to BC and UMass we have the juice to get to 30k. The goal has to be two 30k games this year...as part of a 6 win season...it goes hand in hand.

3) Win portal season - again. I think we gained far more than we lost in the portal. This December/Jan we need to do it again. There will be departures that hurt, and so we have to find offsetting gains like we did this past cycle. Need to be a net winner.

4) Staff retention. If we win 6 games I expect most of this staff to have interesting opportunities to move on. Fingers crossed we can tread water on the ins and outs. This is true for both the on field coaches and the energetic football mgmt and scouting department supporting the program.

5) HS Recruiting. Mora establishes a brand this fall on the field and that leads to an uptick in our HS recruiting in Nov-Dec. Right now we have no brand of play and that is to be expected. Lets have an identity by mid season.

6) Scheduling. After the football world sees we have turned the corner this fall, AD David Benedict is able to announce new games with: 1) Pitt, 2) UVA, 3) Rutty (chicken to play us!), 4) Northwestern, 5) gulp WV? Nothing wrong with doing a payday game with Penn St either.

You don’t set goals, these are things you hope will happen.

Goals are actually set by the people who have some say in how this will turn out.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You lost me at the thought that we would have two 30k crowds this years. It’s more likely that Jennifer Lopez would decide that I’m a better life partner than Ben Affleck.
Well it’s BC and UMass. If neither were on the schedule at the Rent I would say 22k is our best case.

And we have Syracuse too… so our three best opportunities for a good crowd since Michigan and BYU.

Reaction Score
He, you never know! She might just go wild at the thought of discussing the conflict between force majure and specific contract provisions in the delivery of….SNORE…oh, wait. She won’t pick you. I think we come close for Syracuse and maybe BC, but don’t get there unless we are both very good.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It’s more likely that Jennifer Lopez would decide that I’m a better life partner than Ben Affleck.
How do you know until you try? You should write her a letter to explain it to her and then just show up in places where you know she’s going to be, like her house, her gym, etc. I mean, what’s the worst that could happen?

Reaction Score
Playmakers making plays on offense, schemes not being so vanilla that opponents are never surprised, fewer OL penalties, effective game day coaching, 3rd down efficiency on offense/defense, fewer big plays given up by defense, offense using the middle of the field and win turnovers battle.

Reaction Score
I only ask that the games be competitive as opposed to the epic clown shows from RE 2.0. I‘ll shoot for 4-5 wins AND developing a QB of the future.

Reaction Score
How do you know until you try? You should write her a letter to explain it to her and then just show up in places where you know she’s going to be, like her house, her gym, etc. I mean, what’s the worst that could happen?
I have white collar crime partners. They're very good. They might not be good enough to keep me from paying from stalking JLo. Not to mention that they can't protect me from my wife anyway.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
1) play competitive football in all phases of the game for four quarters of each game

2) win 3 games convincingly

3) not get embarrassed by any team

4) end the season feeling satisfied for 22 and hopeful for 23 and beyond.

I'll add one.

At least one game breaker, who in spite of an opponent's best game planning, can win a game for UConn.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have white collar crime partners. They're very good. They might not be good enough to keep me from paying from stalking JLo. Not to mention that they can't protect me from my wife anyway.
Yeah, JLo’s inevitable police complaint would likely be the least of your worries.

Reaction Score
If I were going to set a goal for the season, it would be to play each game to win. Not keep it close. Not avoid a blow out. Not that we are playing a body bag game. Approach every game on the schedule with the attitude that we can win. And see where it goes.

Reaction Score
It’s more likely that Jennifer would decide that I’m a better life partner than Ben.
Come on Biz, you’ve got to aim higher. Jennifer Affleck sounds like the wife of an insurance company mascot. You can do better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom