Go Houston, beat them UL dicks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Go Houston, beat them UL dicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Down 21 with 10 minutes left and punting on 4th down with CFB Playoff on the line. Who does this?

Reaction Score
Back and forth between this game and men's BB game.

Just saw our star frosh guard go down with what looks like a separated shoulder. Was leading scorer tonight with 10 points in first half.

If he is out for a long period, the men's season is over.

Gotta say liking the women's team having to work for the wins. ( Hey, don't judge me man). Gotta get through the winter some how.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Back and forth between this game and men's BB game.

Just saw our star frosh guard go down with what looks like a separated shoulder. Was leading scorer tonight with 10 points in first half.

If he is out for a long period, the men's season is over.

Gotta say liking the women's team having to work for the wins. ( Hey, don't judge me man). Gotta get through the winter some how.

Ollie's offense starting to resemble Diaco's. Purvis looks shot so far this year.

Reaction Score
Houston may have survived a single close loss to Navy and still been the G5 rep. The SMU loss is what's killing them.

Although wins over OU and UT has to carry weight over WMU's no losses.

Doesn't matter. The way the rules are currently written UH needs to be its conference champion. Obviously this rule is completely stupid as a team could be 12-0 and ranked in the top 10 going into its title game only to get upset. Imagine if UH went undefeated with wins over UL and OU but lost to Temple in the title game. Could you imagine a team with that resume being left out of a NY6 Bowl Game over a technicality? Complete garbage.

Reaction Score
Folks are realizing the American is a big league football conference, better than the old Big East and worthy of P6 status.
That should help save face when it comes to our performance over the past 6 seasons. We did beat UH last season. If Ed Oliver was on that team, we'd probably have lost.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
AAC is a much better football conference than anyone thought it would be. Too bad the basketball conference isn't as good.
There are some teams on the hoops side who are really pretty okay. Tulsa is typically around the top 50ish but graduated about their whole team. SMU Temple Cincy are always tough. Houston is going to be tough this year. UCF could be a problem this year with 9ft Tacko Bell.

Reaction Score
I've said for a while that it is a disgrace that the basketball league has been allowed to be as weak as it is. With UConn Temple Cincinnati Tulsa SMU Memphis there is no way this shouldn't be a very solid 4-5 bid league.

Reaction Score
That should help save face when it comes to our performance over the past 6 seasons. We did beat UH last season. If Ed Oliver was on that team, we'd probably have lost.

Ha! Oliver is an incredible athlete, 5 star freshman. I would love to see him play a few downs at fullback. Can you imagine trying to tackle that guy at 6'2", 290. He is not super fast, 4.87 40 but so quick and all over the place.

Reaction Score
Ha! Oliver is an incredible athlete, 5 star freshman. I would love to see him play a few downs at fullback. Can you imagine trying to tackle that guy at 6'2", 290. He is not super fast, 4.87 40 but so quick and all over the place.
No doubt...he is some impressive player, especially for a freshman. Great crowd at that game, place was rocking. Herman has really gotten the city to support them.

Reaction Score
I've said for a while that it is a disgrace that the basketball league has been allowed to be as weak as it is. With UConn Temple Cincinnati Tulsa SMU Memphis there is no way this shouldn't be a very solid 4-5 bid league.

Take 2 Top 30 Programs right now - Virginia Commonwealth and Wichita State. As UConn fans, we care about good hoop. These 2 instantly brings you up beyond BE/A10 and others. As the Big East, we whined about Hybrid conferences. Well 2 State Programs with traditional power and fanbases ... you can overlook the sting.

Reaction Score
Todd Orlando's defense.

Speaking of which, Herman's assistant coaches are the highest paid in the G5.

According to Houston Chronicle reporter Joseph Duarte, the Cougars' nine full-time assistants will earn $2.235 million in 2016, an increase of 6 percent from last season.

Herman was able to retain all but one of his assistants from last season's 13-1 run.

"We're the highest paid assistant coaching staff in any non power five team and my plan is for it to stay that way because I don't care about my salary. I care about keeping really good coaches and in my opinion we've got the best assistant coaching staff in the country regardless of conference," Herman said. "We lost one guy and that was our wide receivers coach who went to the Big Ten to become an offensive coordinator, other than that, nobody took a lateral job."

Makes sense to me. Pay to attract and keep the best. UCONN is right up there at around $2,000,ooo although the cost of living and taxes are higher in CT. But with what UCONN pays its coaches, they should be able to attract the best themselves.

Reaction Score
Yeah but we have that requirement that you must have been in the Bobster's old frat. Makes it tough.

Reaction Score
I didn't watch whole game so a question: Ville is down 31-7 at start of 4th quarter. They kick a 26 yd FG. Say whaaa?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Doesn't matter. The way the rules are currently written UH needs to be its conference champion. Obviously this rule is completely stupid as a team could be 12-0 and ranked in the top 10 going into its title game only to get upset. Imagine if UH went undefeated with wins over UL and OU but lost to Temple in the title game. Could you imagine a team with that resume being left out of a NY6 Bowl Game over a technicality? Complete garbage.

Thanks. I thought I was clear discussing a hypothetical, but obviously not. IF, UH only had the Navy loss and was still able to win the AAC I think they would easily have been the G5 rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom