Go Cyclones | The Boneyard

Go Cyclones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I used to hate teams that beat UConn in the tournament. I'm still not sure I've ever forgiven Florida. For some reason I don't care about Iowa State. I hope they beat Brey by 40.

Reaction Score
Why bother inviting ND to the tourney? Waste of a bid. PC would have put up more of a fight.

Reaction Score
not shocked in the least im loving it, ND cant lose enough for my liking

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I am thrilled. The two teams most pivitol in the BE breakup went down in the first round - Pitt and ND.

And GT going down was an added bonus!:)

Reaction Score
I used to hate teams that beat UConn in the tournament. I'm still not sure I've ever forgiven Florida. For some reason I don't care about Iowa State. I hope they beat Brey by 40.
We had Florida. Biggest disappointment in Uconn history: Donyell missing those 2 free throws.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
We had Florida. Biggest disappointment in Uconn history: Donyell missing those 2 free throws.
Well, top three anyway. I put Mississippi State first. But yeah, we had that game.

Reaction Score
Brey is so overrated. His teams always do nothing. The guy fashions himself to be a big time coach.
He is Mr. December(like Willie Upshaw was Mr. March with the Toronto Blue Jays years ago).

Time for Brey, Dixon and Wright to find new homes. Their message is geting a little old.

Reaction Score
Brey is so overrated. His teams always do nothing. The guy fashions himself to be a big time coach.
He is Mr. December(like Willie Upshaw was Mr. March with the Toronto Blue Jays years ago).

Time for Brey, Dixon and Wright to find new homes. Their message is geting a little old.
Eh...Wright was in the Final Four in 2009. He's had some down years, but it hasn't been that long. Brey and Dixon have done nothing, ever...

Reaction Score
Brey, Wright, and Dixon are above average for their programs.

Nova is really the only one of the three that can be considered a good program, but they had done nothing since the early to mid 80s. They had a couple of solid teams in the 90s with Kittles, but they did nothing in the postseason. Wright has done fairly well in a tough conference and has a FF and E8 with a couple of S16s.

Notre Dame was good for a bit in the 70s, but were mediocre before Brey was hired.

Dixon had Pitt in the tournament 9 out of the last 10 years, which is almost half of the program's total appearances.

I think all three of these coaches have at least made their programs somewhat relevant.

Reaction Score
Eh...Wright was in the Final Four in 2009. He's had some down years, but it hasn't been that long. Wright and Dixon have done nothing, ever...

Well guess Dixon isn't going anywhere this year he just signed through 2023.

Pitt must like being home early in the tourney every year.

Reaction Score
Good I was hoping he would stay, I was hoping they wouldnt go after Shaka Smart, Brad Stevens, or Sean Miller.

Reaction Score
Brey, Wright, and Dixon are above average for their programs.

Nova is really the only one of the three that can be considered a good program, but they had done nothing since the early to mid 80s. They had a couple of solid teams in the 90s with Kittles, but they did nothing in the postseason. Wright has done fairly well in a tough conference and has a FF and E8 with a couple of S16s.

Notre Dame was good for a bit in the 70s, but were mediocre before Brey was hired.

Dixon had Pitt in the tournament 9 out of the last 10 years, which is almost half of the program's total appearances.

I think all three of these coaches have at least made their programs somewhat relevant.

It does show you how lucky we have had it with Calhoun the ultimate tourney HC, and hopefully the same with Ollie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom