Gluten Iggles ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Gluten Iggles ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Hawkins goes nylon on the 1st possession. Again!
  2. That floater going full speed into the paint while avoiding the charge, was a shot Sanogo doesn't make last year.
  3. Hawk draws the foul on a three. Again. He does that at least once or twice a game.
  4. This is what I would define as a good start. 17-4, just over 6 minutes in.
  5. JoeyC comes in at 11:32. Lets see if he's got it back. Not really. 2 great plays in a row within his first couple minutes on the floor, but that was about it. He wasn't horrible, but he wasn't Joey.
  6. Jackson extends the lead to 16 with a spectacular put back.
  7. 12 minutes in, we're up by 19 and lead in every category on the box score.
  8. The little slump we hit before the half put us on the wrong side of the ledger in two columns... Steals and turnovers. Fortunately, our lead only shrunk by a single bucket's worth.
  9. Karaban's line -- 13 points, 4 boards, 2 dimes and a steal was solid, and he's magnitudes better on D than he was until just a few games ago. And he's not only doing a good job on his assignment, he's also providing solid help defense in the paint.
  10. Two consecutive imaginary foul calls in the paint. One on Newton and one on Sanogo.
  11. Don't get sloppy now, guys. 10 minutes left and suddenly we're a turnover machine. Went from a 25 point lead off Hawkins three, to a 17 point lead in just over a minute.
  12. Another magical mystery foul.
  13. Newton racked up his 2nd triple double of the season.
  14. Alleyne did exactly what he was brought here for. 13 points, only 1 turnover and was a solid outlet against the press late in the game.
  15. Clingan's game has fallen of quite a bit from what we saw early in the season, and especially in the PKI, but he still justified his minutes with 7 big offensive boards.
  16. Diarra was the only guy that played who didn't score.
  17. As a team, we more than doubled Marquette on the boards -- 48 to 23. Most impressive was the 21 to 8 advantage on the offensive board. That and 20 to 7 assist advantage.
  18. Sanogo did a lot of good things away from the basket tonight, and was invaluable in handling the press late in the game.

Reaction Score
Hawk draws the foul on a three. Again. He does that at least once or twice a game.
Hawkins’ ability to get fouled while shooting 3-pointers has been one of the remarkable constants of this strange, roller-coaster season for the Huskies. It’s uncanny, really.

Hawkins has now been fouled on a 3-pointer 13 times this season. It happened twice against Oklahoma State on Dec. 1 and again at Florida on Dec. 7, and has increased in frequency lately, seven times in UConn’s last nine games: twice at Xavier on Dec. 31, once at Providence on Jan. 4, twice against Creighton on Jan. 7 and
two more times on Tuesday night.

14 now.

Alternate free link:

How UConn men's basketball's Jordan Hawkins continually draws fouls on 3-pointers: 'It just happens'

caw

Reaction Score
Hawkins’ ability to get fouled while shooting 3-pointers has been one of the remarkable constants of this strange, roller-coaster season for the Huskies. It’s uncanny, really.

Hawkins has now been fouled on a 3-pointer 13 times this season. It happened twice against Oklahoma State on Dec. 1 and again at Florida on Dec. 7, and has increased in frequency lately, seven times in UConn’s last nine games: twice at Xavier on Dec. 31, once at Providence on Jan. 4, twice against Creighton on Jan. 7 and
two more times on Tuesday night.

14 now.

Alternate free link:

How UConn men's basketball's Jordan Hawkins continually draws fouls on 3-pointers: 'It just happens'

It's not surprising, he stops and shoots so quickly defenders can't stop their momentum when chasing him around screens. He may actually stop and fire faster than Ray or Rip.

Ray got more elevation and Rip slithered around screens better but from full sprint to dead stop, jump and release, I think Hawkins may win.

Reaction Score
Ray got more elevation

I don't want to be "that guy"... but no one cares about elevation on a shot any more. Hawkins could elevate just as much as Ray, but has been trained not to. Faster shot > higher jump.

caw

Reaction Score
I don't want to be "that guy"... but no one cares about elevation on a shot any more. Hawkins could elevate just as much as Ray, but has been trained not to. Faster shot > higher jump.

Perhaps, will probably never know.

The comment was meant more about why Ray's may have been a smidge longer in release. I can see why it was confusing. I wrote the comment poorly when I joined it complementing Rips movement right afterwards. My fault for that.

Reaction Score
Perhaps, will probably never know.

The comment was meant more about why Ray's may have been a smidge longer in release. I can see why it was confusing. I wrote the comment poorly when I joined it complementing Rips movement right afterwards. My fault for that.

No issue. There's a lot of ways to be an elite shooter. Hawkins definitely is eerily similar to a young Ray in some ways.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom