Glancing at the schedule | The Boneyard

Glancing at the schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Which games do you think will be toughest/potential L's?

I went through the schedule last night with WorldWideDes and drunkenly believe it or not we thought we would go undefeated for the next two seasons.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
I'm thinking games against Syracuse and Pitt will be tough.

Reaction Score
Toughest: All of them (we have a red circle on our backs and many want revenge for our unexpected BET run).

Potential Losses: All of them (just kidding) but any of them. UConn wasn't even the best BE team last year and look what we did.

I'm just saying that there can be no nights off on the court or you will pay. Other coaches will be reviewing films and exploiting whatever they find (and there are some great coaches in the league). This will be an entertaining season but I don't see us going undefeated in league play. On paper yes on the court no. IMO

Reaction Score
How many opposing fans put a W next to UConn's name at this time last year? Obviously it's fun to guess, but you just never know.

Reaction Score
Fortunately UConn doesn't have any real competition till they get to the Big East portion of their schedule so that will give them plenty of time to figure out where the scoring is going to come from now that Kemba is gone. I'm looking at Syracuse and Pitt as the toughest on the schedule. They play Notre Dame twice and even though Abromaitis is still there Hansborough is gone so I doubt they'll be as strong as last year. You never know though. Not sure about Fla St in the Battle for Atlantis. That would probably be their stiffest competition there. UConn could lay an egg against WVU or Cincy. The weakest link for UConn is going to be at point guard so if someone can exploit that you could see the Huskies drop as many as 6 games during the regular season but I doubt it. I don't like the fact that they only have 4 guards that will see action this year. That's going to be a lot of minutes for Giffey, Lamb, Napier and Boatright to cover. If Boatright and Drummond can slide into the rotation smoothly by the time Big East play starts they just may run the table but..... that's only if the four guards stay healthy. It could get ugly if one or two miss significant time due to injury. Keep your fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
This doesn't really answer your question but I'm really hoping we get FSU in the Atlantis tourney. Not just because I think it would look good on the resume if they were to win but it should be a tough test and they are built like a BE team(Cincy favors them imo). Very athletic and they will probably be one of the best defensive squads in the country, that should be a pretty good test to get them prepared, hopefully both teams get through their sides to meet in the final.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
Cuse will certainly be tough but I'm glad it's a Gameday game which I feel will make the house even crazier

Reaction Score
The games vs cuse are going to be really tough. Im hoping Uconn can at least get a split. Pitt obviously is another one but that game is at home which always helps. Im sure there will be 1 or 2 of those wtf losses along the way like last years game at St Johns and vs Marquette. But seriously the schedule in all is not that hard. I would say 5 losses for this team going into the NCAA tournament seems fair

Reaction Score
Honestly if we get Vonleh and Selden and they change the collective bargaining rule I'm thinking we can win 5 of 6 titles MINIMUM.

Reaction Score
Honestly if we get Vonleh and Selden and they change the collective bargaining rule I'm thinking we can win 5 of 6 titles MINIMUM.

Sounds like a post on the women's board!

Reaction Score
Cuse, L-Ville, Marquette (CANT seem to beat those nuts no matter how or where we are) and Pitt, toughest

Possibly the biggest WTF: Georgetown or St. John's

If caught on a bad day: Cincy or South Florida

Reaction Score
Split the back to back Cuse-Louisville game, a slip up vs Cincy (who could be pretty good this year), and a WTF vs St. John's.

3 losses and a #1 out West, not that any one would complain about going west

Reaction Score
Split the back to back Cuse-Louisville game, a slip up vs Cincy (who could be pretty good this year), and a WTF vs St. John's.

I would like the #1 seed in the East this year. Although traveling to Phoenix would be a nice trip for the West Regional the East would be sweeter this year. Why? It will be played at TD Garden in Boston and the host school is Boston College. That would be sweet. :D hahahahahaha

Reaction Score

No way in hell are they losing to that St John's team. I know that's why its called a WTF loss, but nah, 8 scholarship players, 7 freshmen, it ain't happening.

Reaction Score
We will be undefeated throughout January. We will be #1 in the country going into the Feb 6th L'Ville game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom