Glad we're playing Kentucky | The Boneyard

Glad we're playing Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Let's face it, even if we had beaten Wisconsin for the championship it doesn't have nearly as much appeal or marquee value as getting an opportunity to play the team that most others consider the Evil Empire of CBB.

Should be a great game.

Reaction Score
Let's face it, even if we had beaten Wisconsin for the championship it doesn't have nearly as much appeal or marquee value as getting an opportunity to play the team that most others consider the Evil Empire of CBB.

Should be a great game.

I don't care either way. I just like Championships. I wouldn't care if UConn was playing Chaminade.

Reaction Score
This is by far the most nationally appealing title game of the 4 we could have had.

Reaction Score
I don't care either way. I just like Championships. I wouldn't care if UConn was playing Chaminade.
Bingo. A Final Four beating Albany, and then the winner of Weber State/Cal Poly would have been just fine for me.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm the only one, but Butler was a letdown. Yeah, we got the trophy, but as a fan I didn't get to enjoy the contest, because there wasn't one. Last night thrill ride made up for that, and then some.

I don't mind a loss to Kentucky, because either way our recruiting will benefit. This is a win-win, IMO. Plus, I was happy to get to the Sweet Sixteen. I was thrilled to get to the Final Four. I was ecstatic when we came back from 16-4; and in heaven when we won going away. Beat Kentucky and I won't even be able to sleep Monday night, but losing won't devastate me.

The team I feel sorry for is Louisville. They gotta' be thinking they should be playing Monday night, and I don't blame them. If not for the drubbing they gave us, I don't think we'd be playing for the championship.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Why do all of the ESPN talking heads keep saying that it's UK's year because they've 'come together'. What about UCONN coming together? Look at the teams we've beaten to get here and the way we've beaten them. I have a feeling a lot of these so - called experts are going to develop amnesia at around 11:00 pm tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm the only one, but Butler was a letdown. Yeah, we got the trophy, but as a fan I didn't get to enjoy the contest, because there wasn't one.

Wait, what?

You just "whatevered" a national championship. I just can't even fathom that thought process. Maybe you worry about the artistic meritof a game in January when you scored great seats, but a national title? Win that sheet any way you can and savor the trophy presentation and One Shining Moment forever.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Wait, what?

You just "whatevered" a national championship. I just can't even fathom that thought process. Maybe you worry about the artistic meritof a game in January when you scored great seats, but a national title? Win that sheet any way you can and savor the trophy presentation and One Shining Moment forever.
Am I alone here in wishing for injuries for our opponents? Anything that gives us a better chance to win is good in my book. I hope Poythress' knee swells today and he misses the game. I don't want serious long term injuries but those that cause players to miss the game are great.

Reaction Score
Am I alone here in wishing for injuries for our opponents? Anything that gives us a better chance to win is good in my book. I hope Poythress' knee swells today and he misses the game. I don't want serious long term injuries but those that cause players to miss the game are great.
No. I want to play and beat whoever we play--whether that's Kentucky or Western Kentucky--for the title. But, once there, I want a healthy, hard-fought game so that everyone watching it knows we were the better team.

Which, tomorrow, we aren't. Because UK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> UConn and we are DOOOOOMED!

Reaction Score
If we can get them out of their game and mess with their heads it will be fun. They have more physical ability but so did Florida and Michigan State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom