OT: - Glad it was in my lifetime | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Glad it was in my lifetime

Reaction Score
1) Definitely the rise of Uconn mens basketball under the leadership of Jim Calhoun. Not only turned out to be successful but he ended up being one of the great coaches in the sports history.
2) Not a fan but the Red Sox and Cubs breaking 100 year long curses was pretty incredible seeing as both teams had won their last championship before and during WWI.
3) Micheal Jordan. Enough said
4) Being able to see all my teams win championships. Bears, Mets, Bulls and of course Uconn.
5) Not a fan but the Patriot dynasty imho is the greatest run of titles we have ever or will ever see. It is absolutely mind boggling that the same starting qb and coach won 6 Super Bowls over nearly a 20 year span. That simply shouldn't be possible.
#5 - Not a Patsie fan and have to give them their due. But I don't think anyone has mentioned one factor which had to have played at least a small roll in their success: AFC East. I mean, that's like 6 automatics every year.

Reaction Score
Nice thread idea. Can’t argue with any of the UConn Men’s/Women’s accomplishments that have already been mentioned.

Dream Season has a special place in my heart as I was on campus for it and it was euphoric mayhem.

Diehard Mets fan so of course 1986 Mets was amazing.

My dad was/is a diehard NASCAR fan so I got to see a lot of races and got to see Dale Earnhardt in his prime and Jimmie Johnson (already mentioned)

Not a sport per se, but spent my middle school/high school years in the Golden Age of WWF-Macho Man, Hulkster, Andre the Giant, Superfly, Rowdy Roddy, etc...great stuff! went and watched the first Wrestlemania simulcast at the Warner Theatre...awesome time!

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Nice thread idea. Can’t argue with any of the UConn Men’s/Women’s accomplishments that have already been mentioned.

Dream Season has a special place in my heart as I was on campus for it and it was euphoric mayhem.

Diehard Mets fan so of course 1986 Mets was amazing.

My dad was/is a diehard NASCAR fan so I got to see a lot of races and got to see Dale Earnhardt in his prime and Jimmie Johnson (already mentioned)

Not a sport per se, but spent my middle school/high school years in the Golden Age of WWF-Macho Man, Hulkster, Andre the Giant, Superfly, Rowdy Roddy, etc...great stiff! went and watched the first Wrestlemania simulcast at the Warner Theatre...awesome time!

The WWF stuff in that era was real fun. It didn't get me stiff like it did for you but it was a good time.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Howard Cossell and of course, Battle. of. the. Network. Stars.

Of all the sporting events I've seen, watching Lynda Carter dive and swim would top my list for rewatchability.

Reaction Score
1. UConn 1st NC in 1999
2. Jim Calhoun era
3. Michael Jordan era
4. Sox coming back from 0-3 & winning 04 World Series

Reaction Score
This is further down the list, but boy was this guy crazy. From jumping cars to climbing into a rocket launcher. Every kid had to have an E.K. toy.

1578426996271.png

Reaction Score
It's almost like the Red Sox had some type of competitive edge over every other team that year.

Apparently, I have impeccable timing. I'm here all week. Make sure you tip your waiters and waitresses.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom