Given last night's surprises - who do you want to beat? | The Boneyard

Given last night's surprises - who do you want to beat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I had been hoping to meet the Gamecocks in the final this year. Beating Notre Dame again would have been satisfying, but not anything new, plus I really get a kick out of Aja and her pearls.

So now I guess I am hoping for Lou to face off with her sister.

I realize a lot of folks would like us to see the lady vols, and Coach Q has earned some negative Huskie vibe over the years, but who would you most want to beat?

Reaction Score
50/50 that we see either Tennessee or Stanford. We'd be navy favorites to beat either so beating up on Tennessee wouldn't be the same as in years past. It would also bring up the great rivalry stuff in the media which is more than Warlick deserves. IMO, it would be fun to avenge the only loss of the last few years ...so go Stanford. Would also hope that KLS has a career day but would say the same for her sister.

Reaction Score
I would like to see Tennessee or Syracuse. Witch one for sure I can't decide. Stanford would be fun to see if Lou guard her sister. Maybe we could have a one on one game on Sunday before the finals.

Reaction Score
Don't sleep on Tennessee. If they're healthy, I'm not sure the extent of the injuries from last night's game, they will be a handful. Mercedes Russell had a huge game and would be difficult to cover in the post. They have a lot of talent and seem to be putting it together at the right time. Don't underestimate the Vols.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The thought for TODAY. Handle your business today, tomorrow will take care of itself.

Looking ahead can be a very dangerous pitfall.

Monday will come soon enough. Just make sure we're still playing.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Yes, today first. Nevertheless, I would love to see the Husky's play (and demolish) UT. ESPN would play this up like no other match up: The history, UT's ailes, Holly, the scandal, their unlikely tournament run, UConn's dominance. It would be like the old days made anew. The rivalry would be reignited and hopefully would once again capture this country's imagination. In the process hopefully boost the casual fans interest in WBB. Make no mistake however. This run by Holly will help in recruiting, keep potential transfers in-house, and quiet the regional dogs chewing at her heels. And make UConn's destruction of this team all the sweeter. This year and in years to come.

Reaction Score
Kind of leaning towards the sister match up. No particular reason but do not like the Syracuse coach. And when you say Tenn, you really don't have to add anything. You hope all of Vol nation can understand losing again to UConn when it counts most and we dont have D or Maya.

Reaction Score
Kind of leaning towards the sister match up. No particular reason but do not like the Syracuse coach. And when you say Tenn, you really don't have to add anything. You hope all of Vol nation can understand losing again to UConn when it counts most and we dont have D or Maya.
Wouldn't mind beating on Syracuse one more time, just for old time's sake.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Don't sleep on Tennessee. If they're healthy, I'm not sure the extent of the injuries from last night's game, they will be a handful. Mercedes Russell had a huge game and would be difficult to cover in the post. They have a lot of talent and seem to be putting it together at the right time. Don't underestimate the Vols.

This is one of the funniest Vol posts I've ever read here. I would guess, that with the history involved here, Mo, Morgan and Brianna Stewart's last game in a UConn uniform and Geno's Italian temperament, that Tenn would only wish the mov was 60.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Frankly, Charlotte, I don't give a damn. The Semi will be for the National Championship.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
Based on all the replies here, it will probably be Washington. When did UConn play them last? Ever?

And, if that's the case, you can bet the house that the Huskies will win. (And lose.)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I want a Pac-12 team to get to the championship game, preferably Washington.

Reaction Score
My only hope is that UConn finds itself in a game where every 4th quarter possession is critical; Where Coach Auriemma has to make critical decisions. And, as a bonus, one of it less heralded players comes up huge.

Prior to today, I was quietly hoping to see DePaul advance. A basketball lifer like Coach Bruno deserves a Ray Meyer moment.

Reaction Score
The problem with wanting to play Tennessee in the final is that it could only happen
if Tennessee gets to the final - which I would not like to see.

I would prefer that Tennessee fail to make the final four again.

Reaction Score
I'm in shock that Tennessee got to this point... I don't necessary think that they are that much improved... I'm more in shock the way ASU and OSU played them... Did those coaches not watch any tape on Tenn? Pack the paint, pack the paint, pack the paint... It's not a difficult concept... Make Tenn prove that they can hit the three. I was especially shocked that ASU played man to man... I think I hyper-ventilated at some point... Good thing I had a paper bag handy... :p

Reaction Score
I would love for Stanford to make the finals against UConn. The battle between the Samuelson sisters would give the game an extra attraction.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I want to play & beat all of them!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads