"Give Her Whatever She Wants" | The Boneyard

"Give Her Whatever She Wants"

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Cool little bit of background about Sue Bird and Kyrie Irving:

Kyrie Irving Was Blown Away By Sue Bird He Makes Ridiculous Request To Nike

“I went to Nike and I was like ‘Are you seeing the greatest point guard to ever play the game wear my shoes?’ Irving told SB Nation. “‘Okay yeah, give her whatever she wants.’

And they did."

Very happy to have a trus legend of the sport have such a shining year and renewed recognition of just how gifted she is.

Irving_Bird.0.jpg

How Sue Bird and Kyrie Irving became basketball’s best point guard friendship

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Cool little bit of background about Sue Bird and Kyrie Irving:

Kyrie Irving Was Blown Away By Sue Bird He Makes Ridiculous Request To Nike

“I went to Nike and I was like ‘Are you seeing the greatest point guard to ever play the game wear my shoes?’ Irving told SB Nation. “‘Okay yeah, give her whatever she wants.’

And they did."

Very happy to have a trus legend of the sport have such a shining year and renewed recognition of just how gifted she is.

Fun story but the author's comparison between Kyrie and Sue is a bit tortured

"Both point guards have almost the same style of game. Irving and Bird are virtuoso mid-range shooters, something that has been a lost art in basketball. They are both slick in handling the ball and have the knack for getting creative around the rim."

They are both great but in their own (different) ways.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Didn't the new guy own a football league? 'Musta had some kind of rooting interest, no?
The "New Guy" was twice denied entry into the real League and has long held a grudge against that Billionaire Boys Club because of it. However, he has never held a love for professional sports beyond a business venture. So yeah, he rooted for that leagues IPO's. Besides, didn't that so called "League" fail, like most of this other guys businesses?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Didn't the new guy own a football league? 'Musta had some kind of rooting interest, no?
The new guy purchased the NJ Generals of the now defunct USFL back in the 80’s. At that time the USFL played in the spring after the NFL season was over. Trump pushed the USFL into competing directly with the NFL in the fall. This cost many teams sponsorship and revenue. Subsequently, Trump lead USFL owners to file an antitrust suit against the NFL which failed, and the USFL was out of business shortly thereafter.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The new guy purchased the NJ Generals of the now defunct USFL back in the 80’s. At that time the USFL played in the spring after the NFL season was over. Trump pushed the USFL into competing directly with the NFL in the fall. This cost many teams sponsorship and revenue. Subsequently, Trump lead USFL owners to file an antitrust suit against the NFL which failed, and the USFL was out of business shortly thereafter.
In case anyone is actually interested.

Donald Trump’s long, stormy and unrequited romance with the NFL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom