girls game-halftime talk with susan and bro | Page 2 | The Boneyard

girls game-halftime talk with susan and bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"southern new england" another great hint. tell me how in any way that fits any of rutgers, md or any other b10 team? "northern va"-is that md territory we just didn't know about? jim d said those, not me. am i nuts to think tosu or michigan dont carry southern new england? who the **** even says southern new england? some one not familiar with the region refrence wise? hmm. he must have been drunk and just hopes he can retire to westport or something.

Northern VA aka DC aka Maryland...southern new england aka fairfield county aka nyc aka rutgers...not that hard to figure out...

WTF would he hint at UConn do u realize how ridiculous that is...

I heard if you play delanys press conference in reverse several times he says...uconn B1G...uconn B1G

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Northern VA aka DC aka Maryland...southern new england aka fairfield county aka nyc aka rutgers...not that hard to figure out...

WTF would he hint at UConn do u realize how ridiculous that is...

I heard if you play delanys press conference in reverse several times he says...uconn B1G...uconn B1G

u just took 2 huge cities and put them in states they are not. then u went on the other side of those cities and said they are the #1 teams across the cities. the big east right now has uconn, which means it has northern nj becuase thats part of nyc. ok....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The only thing we have as UConn fans right now is the Delany Southern New England comment. That could only refer to UConn.

Neither NVa nor SNE were references to Maryland or Rutgers.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Your act is tiring

He is tiring but I lived in Fairfield County and we have great posters from Fairfield County - they can all tell you that Fairfield County has nothing to do with Rutgers.

Fairfield County may wish it was NYC. It does not wish to be New Jersey.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Your act is tiring

your act is tiring. you have done nothing but poop on ppl's dreams and claim the sky is falling on uconn. i rather go out enjoying my life as a uconn fan then feeding ppl doom and gloom. u think its over? u hate what happened? fine, but dont drag others down with u. i'm staying positive and enjoying myself here as usual. i get to wake up 2moro and do the same no matter what happens to uconn becuase im a fan for life.

Reaction Score
I just think that Delany didnt know what the hell he was talking about and referred to nyc/jersey as south NE and northern VA as Maryland/DC. Everyone on here just reaches and stretches every quote to mean what they want to hear and look where its got us...and HFD is tje Jonny MacEntee of tearing apart these quotes leading us off a cliff

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
your act is tiring. you have done nothing but poop on ppl's dreams and claim the sky is falling on uconn. i rather go out enjoying my life as a uconn fan then feeding ppl doom and gloom. u think its over? u hate what happened? fine, but dont drag others down with u. i'm staying positive and enjoying myself here as usual. i get to wake up 2moro and do the same no matter what happens to uconn becuase im a fan for life.

What do your friends think while they watch you bang away Boneyard diatribes on your phone?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I just think that Delany didnt know what the hell he was talking about and referred to nyc/jersey as south NE and northern VA as Maryland/DC. Everyone on here just reaches and stretches every quote to mean what they want to hear and look where its got us...and HFD is tje Jonny MacEntee of tearing apart these quotes leading us off a cliff

Delany thinks that New Jersey is Southern New England and Maryland is Virginia?

That would make him stupid enough to be a Boneyard poster. Wonder what his username is....

Reaction Score

pooping on everyones parade and just being naive and making an ass of oneself like you are two very different things...i will always support uconn im just trying to give u a little reality check

Reaction Score
I saw the halftime interview too. She seemed exhausted and deflated. Certainly did not give off the "Don't worry we're going B1G" persona.

I was at the game tonight, not far behind her. At halftime, she circled the court, working the crowd like a Bill Clinton. Spent a good amount of time talking to students and members of the band, which was nice to see. Did not seem deflated; was constantly smiling. She had an animated conversation with her brother throughout the second half.

Reaction Score
I was at the game tonight, not far behind her. At halftime, she circled the court, working the crowd like a Bill Clinton. Spent a good amount of time talking to students and members of the band, which was nice to see. Did not seem deflated; was constantly smiling. She had an animated conversation with her brother throughout the second half.

that's good to hear. Saw it differently on TV though.

Reaction Score
Leaders don't hibernate. When they take a hit, they regroup, keep spirits high and push on for ultimate victory. It's Churchillian. Flash the V sign and walk tall. Cue the "Never Surrender" speech.

Reaction Score
How would ESPN allow the CT, partial NY and New England market go to the B10.network? If we had that opportunity wouldn't they force the ACC to take 3 to appease the football schools and keep our market?

I hope HFD is right, but doesn't make sense unless we turned it down. If we did without a formal invite that would be a colossal mistake.

Also how could our top money man be saying it's not her fault, we didn't do the ground work 5 years ago?

I want to believe but just saying it will happen doesn't make it happen. Man didn't we just watch an political campaign go thru the same thing.

Dan we want to believe. But all she said whatever conference we're in we will win in. For all we know the BE will be changing it's name and that's what she meant.

Reaction Score
She is humiliated, embarassed and knows that Uconn took an enormous hit on her watch. Like it or not this is part of her legacy. Maybe she should just say it was George Bush's fault and all is forgiven?
You're nuts if you think this is on her. She never played a game or coached a game. The ACC admitted this was ALL ABOUT ATHLETICS, but they really meant FOOTBALL. As far as the rest of our program, we are head and shoulders above nearly all teams in all conferences right now.

Reaction Score
I usually can figure out the jist of what you are trying to say. I have no idea the past few days.

Is your point people are idiots for panicking now, they should have panicked earlier but UConn is headed to the Big 10 so don't panic at all?

You were supposed to finish your r esponse with a post of Kevin Bacon in Animal House yelling "don't panic."

I love your passion Dan, and I haven't given up hope on the Big, but it seems really, really clear that even hoping for the Big one day our administraton wanted the ACC bid and thought they had it and lost it.

Reaction Score
It was not totally about athletic performance as we have outperformed Louisville over the past ten years. Even football is a wash. The issue was salesmanship and UConn's leaders failed.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
It was not totally about athletic performance as we have outperformed Louisville over the past ten years. Even football is a wash. The issue was salesmanship and UConn's leaders failed.
By "football" the ACC meant "southern". At least a little bit. Though I agree with Jacobs's column that Hathaway did not do enough to promote UConn football as a brand.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
this screms not the big east once again on top of every thing we have seen to point us to moving. clearly stayed away from saying big east

2) i said it earlier and i will say it again. 99% of u are misreading what susan did. instead of going quiet she sent out the fan message of blah blha. but it wasn't just blah blha it was a yeah i know the lville stuff is happening but trust me i have bigger fish to fry like i have been pumping here for a while.

You have to stop trying to read between the lines on this stuff. There are no lines to read between. People have been doing that the last week here saying that all trending information that Ville is heading to the ACC was bogus and it actually meant the opposite. Just accept UConn is not going anywhere unless the ACC needs us next round. B1G is not happening.
Ha, your extra large type does not intimidate me, sir. I spit on it.

Pa-tui

Reaction Score
Charlie Sheen won Lawrence Taylor's second Super Bowl ring in an auction for over $200K. Just thought I'd share that little tidbit of crazy info. :D

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I like Susan overall. Seems like a nice lady. She ain't Wonder Woman though, and she ain't getting us into the Big 10.

And she's come off as an idiot today with all the "winning is for winners who like to win" BS.

What do you want her to say...

"Well, today UConn was a big loser. Not a surprise, tho, as the University had a loser AD and presidential stiffs for so long. And for that we will continue to lose..."

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What do you want her to say...

"Well, today UConn was a big loser. Not a surprise, tho, as the University had a loser AD and presidential stiffs for so long. And for that we will continue to lose..."
For starters, I'd like to hear her take some responsibility for misreading the situation--or at least explain it--and what she plans to do to fix it. Her statements lead me to conclude that she still doesn't understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom