Girl Power: UConn in a League of Its Own | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Girl Power: UConn in a League of Its Own

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I think this is a good take. I would add to it that the driving force for a conference realignment changes depending on the conference and its needs at the time the realignment is occurring as does the whims of their media partners.
I agree, though in a word I would describe this as ongoing “politics.”

Reaction Score
Would UConn wbb dominate the SEC, ACC and Big 10?

They would be the Top program in any conference just as they are the top program in the country. But “dominate” in the sense that they have dominated the Big East and AAC? No. They would face challengers like they did when Notre Dame was in the Big East.

Would they dominate the SEC as it is constituted at this time with Kim and Dawn? Well I guess that depends on the word “dominate.” Would they win some conference/tournament championships so long as Geno is active? Yes. Would they win more than Dawn or Kim? Very possibly. Would they win them every year? Highly doubtful given the national championship history of the past ten years?

And nobody dominates forever. Your next coach? Even if very very very good, she won’t be Geno .

When NDame left the Big East and moved to the ACC in 2013 they went undefeated in ACC games for two years. That's dominance.

Reaction Score
I know that the Uconn football team is a major factor. My take is that the football team is an excuse to deny Uconn into their conference. UCONN has followers all over the States and to believe that irregardless of Uconn's football team, that there would not be a huge upside to Uconn joining the conference. I don't really follow College football teams other than if something makes headlines, but I think that there are some teams in Power Conferences that are on a par with Uconn's men's team. Just a guess. I thought that Uconn's football team made a Bowl game last year.
I am right there with you. People using the football program is just a convenient excuse. People forget that the football program played in the Fiesta Bowl 11-12 years ago. Many P5 programs have not seen a bowl game in 20 years. And you are correct, the program played in a bowl game last year.

Reaction Score
I am right there with you. People using the football program is just a convenient excuse. People forget that the football program played in the Fiesta Bowl 11-12 years ago. Many P5 programs have not seen a bowl game in 20 years. And you are correct, the program played in a bowl game last year.
Unfortunately, people remember how many tickets UConn did not sell for that zFiesta Bowl. Football membership is not measured merely by wins and losses. Fan support in the stands and on TV matters more than winning.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom