Gillespie OUT for today’s game | The Boneyard

Gillespie OUT for today’s game

Reaction Score
This gives a JQ or someone else a chance to step up like many always do vs. us.......sorry but only depth is hurt by him not playing his game doesn’t scare me would prefer to see him in the lineup.

Reaction Score
Him and Cremo Novas best shooters. Hopefully we can limit the perimeter shots today.

Reaction Score
This gives a JQ or someone else a chance to step up like many always do vs. us..sorry but only depth is hurt by him not playing his game doesn’t scare me would prefer to see him in the lineup.

Agree. He’s very overrated. Gilbert would’ve shut him down.

Reaction Score
Him and Cremo Novas best shooters. Hopefully we can limit the perimeter shots today.

They have good players who will play more minutes and step up. Booth will handle it more and if Quinerly can’t step up the Cremo’s, Swiders, Beys, Samuels will all help out they’ll be fine. If we turn it over like we have in other bigger games they certainly won’t miss Gillespie.

Reaction Score
Very likely drove him crazy the offense would’ve started closer to half court quite often.
With Gillespie out UConn should press the crap out of Nova and stay after it. Full court. Press the inbounds aggressively, and trap.

Nova would likely get some break the press points, but it will wear us down and you'll either generate turnovers or make us less efficient and more harried with a short possession clock.

It might force Jay's hand on playing JQ. It will be a tough environment to step into as he has not had PT.

This could end up being a great game. I enjoyed the road trip last year to your place, but y'all were not very competitive.

Reaction Score
Not Likely

I’m sorry but Gillespie is not good. I think Jay Wright wants him to be the next Arcidiacono and he’s just not. He doesn’t excel at any particular aspect of the game.

Reaction Score
With Gillespie out UConn should press the crap out of Nova and stay after it. Full court. Press the inbounds aggressively, and trap.

Nova would likely get some break the press points, but it will wear us down and you'll either generate turnovers or make us less efficient and more harried with a short possession clock.

It might force Jay's hand on playing JQ. It will be a tough environment to step into as he has not had PT.

This could end up being a great game. I enjoyed the road trip last year to your place, but y'all were not very competitive.
We were horrendous the past 2 years, we're way better this year but still haven't shown we can close out big games in winning time yet. Here is to a good game today and Merry Christmas!

Reaction Score
Damn. I was looking forward to our guards destroying him. I think he sucks.

Reaction Score

We were not at all competitive last year for sure. But again, if our best players don’t play under control today we could lose ground fast. Here’s to us being more competitive and making it a good game at MSG in CBS.

Reaction Score
We were not at all competitive last year for sure. But again, if our best players don’t play under control today we could lose ground fast. Here’s to us being more competitive and making it a good game at MSG in CBS.
so far so good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom