Gilberts 3 point shooting. | The Boneyard

Gilberts 3 point shooting.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
He is shooting 43% and tied for the most makes (15 - with Vital) on the team. The kid can shoot and has deep range. Only player on team above 40%.

But Ive never seen a good 3 point shooter (and if you are over 40% youre a good shooter) miss by a mile when he misses. I mean not even close. It happened in Iowa game. It happened yesterday. I know his bell got rung but he was missing that wide in Iowa game too.

Whats up with that kinda disparity? Good shooters like him usually miss close.

Reaction Score
I think there were 2 yesterday that were way off the mark. One Cobb got the offensive rebound and put back.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I think there were 2 yesterday that were way off the mark. One Cobb got the offensive rebound and put back.

Thats good offense.

Didnt Zona have a couple air balls where it turned into Offensive e rebound buckets?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thinl the bad misses are mental mistakes he will clean up. Still rusty/nervous and uncomfortable with pressure.

Couple tough games, and more good from him. I keep reminding myself he's basically a freshman in terms of game time.

Reaction Score
He is shooting 43% and tied for the most makes (15 - with Vital) on the team. The kid can shoot and has deep range. Only player on team above 40%.

But Ive never seen a good 3 point shooter (and if you are over 40% youre a good shooter) miss by a mile when he misses. I mean not even close. It happened in Iowa game. It happened yesterday. I know his bell got rung but he was missing that wide in Iowa game too.

Whats up with that kinda disparity? Good shooters like him usually miss close.

I remember a couple of Rashad Anderson's first three-point attempts -- specifically, one game against Vanderbilt where I thought the ball had good chance to not just hit the backboard but shatter it. Kid has had almost 0 game action for two years. He's a good shooter and could be great.

Reaction Score
I think it's his balance affecting the bad misses.

We're also still in small sample size territory. He's 6 for his last 22 (27%) after the Syracuse game.

Reaction Score
I may be wrong going off memory, but I do think a lot of it is rust/lack of repetition. Seems like he’s got about 3 relatively distinct shooting motions, I’m sure with more repetition we’ll see a more consistent looking & effective shot.

Reaction Score
Ironically, I watched one warm up shot of his from 3 and it was a brick. Sometimes, despite how good of a shooter you are, you just have those days. The form on his shot is near perfection, so I’m not worried.

Reaction Score
He's 6 for his last 22 (27%) after the Syracuse game.

Not good. and some of those misses are WTF misses, not soft, 'bounce off the rim 2x' type misses

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The kid has proven that he can hit from the NBA range and through the Cuse game he was doing very well
He's hit a rough spot
DH loves this kid and encourages him to continue to play as he basically wants
He will be fine
At least this thread isn't close to being ridiculous as SuperJohn's tirade on JA
Yeah SJ, Jalen has never proven that he can carry a team - my eyes must have been deceiving me a few years ago in Hawaii and all the time he put the team on his back the past few years with virtually no rest time at all during most games. 1st and 2nd team all AAC means zilch!!!
That's why I put SJ on ignore

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Seemed like the shots he was taking Sunday were just to get shots off. The shots taken in the 'Cuse game seemed more natural. Shooters shoot.

Reaction Score
Game speed adjustment. It’s no coincidence his two worst shooting games were against p5 schools that play man. Shooting against Syracuse’s soft zone and mid majors is a lot different than shooting with guards playing aggressively. He will adjust and be fine just like Polley.

C

Chief00

The John Wooden phrase “ be quick but don’t hurry” is something Gilbert is hopefully in the process of learning. Both his over penetration and wild 3’s are a result of hurrying. He needs to relax a little and let the game come to him more.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The John Wooden phrase “ be quick but don’t hurry” is something Gilbert is hopefully in the process of learning. Both his over penetration and wild 3’s are a result of hurrying. He needs to relax a little and let the game come to him more.
You have to figure that will come with reps.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
We really overhyped the kid going into this year and need to pump the breaks. He's shown flashes, but he's been pretty atrocious

Reaction Score
We really overhyped the kid going into this year and need to pump the breaks. He's shown flashes, but he's been pretty atrocious

This is a stretch. He just had a terrible game. His shooting had been better than expected and his decision making has been worse. He needs to learn to pick his spots. We will see a much different player come Feb, I imagine. If you overrated him, that's on you but I feel pretty good with how AG has looked compared to my expectations.

Reaction Score
He still is the smoothest and quickest lateral player on the court. Really is a joy to watch when he's creating

C

Chief00

He’s an easy kid to root for in Chief’s opinion. Nice, coachable and respectful kid. Hard worker too. He’s displayed a lot of courage and determination battling his shoulder injuries. Both Calhoun and Hurley like him, so that tells you a lot.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
You counsel us to moderate ourselves, and then use the word "atrocious." Oh wait, it was qualified with "pretty." Does that lessen it or amplify it?
Seriously. “Atrocious” is the new go-to adjective around here

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
This is a stretch. He just had a terrible game. His shooting had been better than expected and his decision making has been worse. He needs to learn to pick his spots. We will see a much different player come Feb, I imagine. If you overrated him, that's on you but I feel pretty good with how AG has looked compared to my expectations.
His shooting has been garbage since his one good shooting game vs Cuse, 6 for 22 from 3

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="auror, post: 2
We're also still in small sample size territory. He's 6 for his last 22 (27%) after the Syracuse game.[/QUOTE]

The year, to date, is too small a sample size. So why chose a smaller sample size to make it look bad?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom