Gilbert is committed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gilbert is committed

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I’m looking at next year to be a really good year ... Wichita state loses most of their core to graduation or pro, same for Cincy n Smu n Tulane .. I think we should be favorites to win the aac .. n if Adams n Larrier decides to come back we could potentially be a top 25 team

If everybody stuck around, a big if, this team's about 3 years away from potentially being a Top 25 team. Need serious development at a lot of positions. Too young next year.

Reaction Score
Great kid. Sounds like he'll have no trouble getting up to play for a new coach next year.

Reaction Score
He’s an example of a guy who would likely get another year if he petitioned the NCAA. Missed basically two full seasons due to injury. He still has 3 years left. If he decided to transfer, and that looks extremely unlikely, he’d probably get another year (6 to play 4). He’d sit next year, and have three to play after that.

God forbid something bad come of this investigation, he’d probably be able to transfer, play immediately, and be able to play three years.

That’s all moot, because it sounds like he loves UConn and is not going anywhere.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It's a nice thing to say, but he wouldn't have any better options, if he were to decide he wanted out.
There's enough truth to make it a viable comment, but is it helpful, inspiring, necessary, kind? No. Not even close.

Honesty generally beats dishonesty, but discretion is the better part of valor. Don't claim virtue in a partial truth that lacks attunement to context. You're in a hole; stop digging

Reaction Score
There's enough truth to make it a viable comment, but is it helpful, inspiring, necessary, kind? No. Not even close.

Honesty generally beats dishonesty, but discretion is the better part of valor. Don't claim virtue in a partial truth that lacks attunement to context. You're in a hole; stop digging
I don't even think it's a viable comment. It's an assumption, and an opinion, but we watched Enoch shoot 40% from the field and be totally lost on defense, transfer to an ACC program. We also watched Durham, who was mediocre at best as a Freshman (and who had a serious knee injury) go to the ACC.

As I said, this is a kid who lost not one, but two seasons to injury. He didn't use a redshirt transferring, or when he wasn't injured, so he is very likely a kid who would still have 3 years to play after sitting a year. His situation is exactly the type of situation that the NCAA grants waivers for.

He's a McDonald's AA. There's no way we should assume a kid with his past performances (when healthy) absolutely can't do better than the 10th place program in the AAC. (cough, cough, Cane Broome).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom