Gilbert and Vital | The Boneyard

Gilbert and Vital

Reaction Score
I liked Gilbert’s game today. I felt that despite his poor shooting, he d’d up and took care of the ball. I felt good about him.

CV played a decent game and was nails at the line in the end. As usual, he put in a tremendous effort. When he stole the ball at the end and charged down court I screamed, “dunk that ****”. My wife looked at me as CV dribbled it out and said, “that was smarter than trying to dunk it”. I sheepishly said, “I know”. I then relished that CV had made a mature and safe decision to close out a big win. Great job today CV. We won’t know what we had until you’re gone.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He needs to pass up open shots for the foreseeable future.

They weren't even rimming out. brick city.

Loved his D today. In all kinds of paying Lanes

Reaction Score
I agree with one small nitpick.

With about 2 minutes left, early in the shot clock, Gilbert launched a brick 3 attempt. I think we were up 3-4 pts at the time.

If we're going to go anywhere this year in terms of development, we can't have our point guard thinking that's a good idea. Add to it the fact he's been ice cold from outside so far so it's not like we could trust the hot hand. He was 0 for 5 from 3 to that point. Again, you might think it's a nitpick, but a top tier team doesn't do that.

Reaction Score
Gilbert’s D is a liability. He needs to make up for it on the offensive end

Reaction Score
Agree that AG needs to be careful with shot selection. However, I can’t help but think he’s just in a horrendous slump. He’s got a beautiful jumper. It just isn’t falling. I’m dumbfounded by it.

I want him to keep shooting within reason, I’m sure he’s actually a good shooter. Serious head issues right now. His jumper coming back can mean tourney or no tourney.

Last edited:

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I liked Gilbert’s game today. I felt that despite his poor shooting, he d’d up and took care of the ball. I felt good about him today.

CV played a decent game and was nails at the line in the end. As usual, he put in a tremendous effort. When he stole the ball at the end and charged down court I screamed, “dunk that ****”. My wife looked at me as CV dribbled it out and said, “that was smarter than trying to dunk it”. I sheepishly said, “I know”. I then relished that CV had made a mature and safe decision to close out a big win. Great job today CV. We won’t know what we had until you’re gone.

Always loved CV and always will. He truly bleeds blue and it shows. He was so happy to win today.

Reaction Score
They were running plays to get Gilbert open 3's. I don't know if he's been making them in practice, but it seems like he's rushing them. He's certainly in a slump.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I liked Gilbert’s game today. I felt that despite his poor shooting, he d’d up and took care of the ball. I felt good about him today.

It was his Phil Nolan moment, and he played it header than many here think he could. I liked Phil's.

Reaction Score
It was his Phil Nolan moment, and he played it header than many here think he could. I liked Phil's.
lol “and nolan wants it all”

i was thinking of that exact moment as he was headed down the court. i know it’s not the smart decision, but god i wish he punctuated the win with a dunk there.

that nolan dunk is one of my favorite moments in uconn history. the garden was nuts after he threw that down.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
They were running plays to get Gilbert open 3's. I don't know if he's been making them in practice, but it seems like he's rushing them. He's certainly in a slump.

Gilbert's been fading to the side on a bunch of his shots.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm hoping today's game helps them further realize the difference between team ball and hero ball. Neither are good enough to be in the hero ball conversation. But they have other guys that can do things that compliment their games.

Reaction Score
lol “and nolan wants it all”

i was thinking of that exact moment as he was headed down the court. i know it’s not the smart decision, but god i wish he punctuated the win with a dunk there.

that nolan dunk is one of my favorite moments in uconn history. the garden was nuts after he threw that down.
Hell yeah, fully agree. One of my favorite plays of that title run. Makes me happy every time I think about it.

I would have lost my mind if CV dunked there. He made the right play though, and I was ecstatic either way.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not to get picky, but
AG caused the last play steal not CV
BIG win and needed
Let's hope it carries over, unlike the early Cuse win last season

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
With about 2 minutes left, early in the shot clock, Gilbert launched a brick 3 attempt. I think we were up 3-4 pts at the time.

i really thought that shot was going to cost us the W. When he put up that long 2, I felt the same way until it was midway there, and pure as could be.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
i really thought that shot was going to cost us the W. When he put up that long 2, I felt the same way until it was midway there, and pure as could be.
Hopefully that shot gets him going. It was pure clutch. That and his deflection to cause the turnover were critical. Of course if he can start making three's there would have been no need for end of game stress.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom