Gilbert and Diarra Redshirting | The Boneyard

Gilbert and Diarra Redshirting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Gilbert will have surgery on his shoulder, Diarra will not have surgery.

I hope there is some way to treat Diarra's chronic knee issue, otherwise he could be in for a rough college career.

Reaction Score
That's it. I'm heading up to offer my services as a walk on.

Give Restinel a chance!

edit: That has got to be top 5 in names for UCONN players, and we've had some good ones.

Reaction Score
WTF is up with Diarra? Was this ever an issue in high school where he missed extended periods of time? I don't remember ever reading anything about health issues with him.

This is on Chief and his changes to our strength and conditioning program.

Reaction Score
This sucks. At least if they weren't going to be good they would all gain valuable experience and get comfortable with their roles so that next season they could be really good. The only positive out of this is that players like Vital and Jackson get more experience than they would have.

Having only 8 scholarship players able to play is rough.

Reaction Score
2017 will be something with the squad we will put on the court. Until then enjoy Amida, Kenton and Rodney all contributors to the Championship.

When you add Ryan Boatright it kinda suxs since our Seniors have been dealt a bad hand for the last couple of seasons.

The good thing is this trend will break since we will have no Seniors next season.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Who's our most qualified walk on and is there anyway he'll get minutes?

Reaction Score
When will the bad news this season end?

Seems like so early into the season, we are getting hit with one body blow after another.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Once I saw the injury I knew this would be the course of action for Gilbert, despite Ollie's nonsensical talk. This is good for Alterique, need to really get the shoulder fixed. This sucks about Diarra, I wonder if they knew about this when signing him. I had high hopes for him as bouncy tenacious rebounder, something we have lacked since forever.

Reaction Score
More Bad News For UConn: Season-Ending Surgery For Gilbert; Diarra To Redshirt

UConn's season in big trouble now: Star frosh Alterique Gilbert out for year

UConn Loses Gilbert, Larrier and Diarra for the Season | Zagsblog

Husky99 will tell me I'm threatening Adam Zagoria's livelihood but:

Gilbert began the season averaging 10.3 points per game. “As bad as he wants to be out there for his teammates for this season, he knows how important this is for his future going forward,” said Georgia State assistant coach, Sharman White, who coached Gilbert at Miller Grove last year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Before the season I think many of us thought we'd have our first redshirt in quite a long time. I don't think anyone could have suspected that we'd have 3 (Larrier is eligible for one, no?) and not one them would be Durham. So silver lining... Vital, Vance, Enoch, and Durham will get major minutes to cut their teeth. Mistakes or no, they need to play and learn on the fly. In a totally unfair comparison, we were forced to do the same thing in 96-97 when three freshmen were forced into playing through mistakes and those cats turned out pretty well.

Super silver lining, I'm hoping that my boy CFox gets a few minutes. I know I've told the story before but he was one of my former students and one of the kindest and most hysterical kids I've ever worked with. When he told me freshmen year he wanted to play for UConn, I doubted him and essentially told him to be realistic. My foot has never tasted so farking delicious.

Reaction Score
Once I saw the injury I knew this would be the course of action for Gilbert, despite Ollie's nonsensical talk. This is good for Alterique, need to really get the shoulder fixed. This sucks about Diarra, I wonder if they knew about this when signing him. I had high hopes for him as bouncy tenacious rebounder, something we have lacked since forever.

lol.. we have a resident doctor who can diagnose on the fly. All he needs is a couch, a tv, and a fan forum.

Reaction Score
I'm sad for Diarra because this could be a career ender for him.
It'll be telling if KO goes after next year's Justin Jackson (a highly touted PF who opens up his recruitment in the spring) and effectively recruits over Diarra.

I have a feeling KO will have to be safe and pursue a top 100 4 man that can clean up the boards.

Reaction Score
It'll be telling if KO goes after next year's Justin Jackson (a highly touted PF who opens up his recruitment in the spring) and effectively recruits over Diarra. I hate to see Diarra's career be ruined, but I have a feeling KO will have to be safe and pursue a top 100 4 man that can clean up the boards.

We need a stud big man. That would be true whether Diarra plays or not.

Reaction Score
We need a stud big man. That would be true whether Diarra plays or not.
Have to agree. Enoch and Durham have crazy ceilings, but have to show that they'll be ready to lead next year or we're in trouble. If Enoch doesn't improve and we need a 25 mpg big, our only option may be a grad transfer though. Getting way ahead of ourselves here, but it's been creeping into my mind.

Reaction Score
lol.. we have a resident doctor who can diagnose on the fly. All he needs is a couch, a tv, and a fan forum.
You are probably one of the fans who thought he would play against Okie State, smh. Alterique is going through exactly what Dunn went through at PC. It was absurd talking about him playing a few days later, the shoulder is a ticking time bomb. Surgery and serious rehab is the only avenue, he will come back as good as new or better.

Reaction Score
When will the bad news this season end?

Seems like so early into the season, we are getting hit with one body blow after another.
Wait til next year, this season was doomed from the jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom