Giffey question | The Boneyard

Giffey question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if he is back on campus? Don't think I've heard anything confirming his return.

Reaction Score
Yep, there was a tweet from a player (forgetting who atm) a while back I posted that said Giffey was going to be back the next day.

Reaction Score
Any ideas on what to expect from him this year? to me hes kinda an enigma.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Good defense. Limited mistakes. Every now and then he'll have a game where he hits a couple 3 balls and finishes in double digit scoring. Otherwise he'll probably be around 5-7 points most games, IMO. He'll also have games where he misses a couple shots and doesn't get many more touches, bringing down his average PPG. Of course that's fine considering he is a role player with good defense and what not.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what to expect from Niels. I believe he made the German national team and has likely improved quite a bit over the summer. On just about any other team he'd likely be starting or one of the main guys in the rotation.

I wonder if he's going to give Daniels a run for his money. Just because DD is a top 10 ranked player in one of the rankings doesn't mean he's going to be given Giffey's minutes. It is going to be very interesting to see how JC divides up the minutes and if he's going to be able to keep all the players content with the PT they get.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's anybodies guess. Shabazz, Jeremy and Alex will be starting and be in the 30 minute range imo. The rest is unknown. Most people are projecting a starting lineup of SN, JL, RS, AO and AD. But that lineup might have problems against full court pressure and might struggle in the half court sets. RS struggles with driving to the basket and it remains to be seen how good Lambs handle will be when he is the focus of the opposing teams defense. This lineup should be great defensively.

DD is an unknown freshman with a great reputation. One of the posters who observed DD firsthand (Bono?) does not believe DD can play the 2 effectively. The consensus of a lot of the fans is Niels will be able to back up Jeremy at the 2.

JC will have to decide if SN and RB primarily play the 1 or mix it up with the 1 and 2. Fouls will dictate this decision. So depending on the opposing teams and the foul situation, I expect Niels to play about 10 -15 minutes a game and play the 2/3. I expect him to average 6 pts./game and have an a/o ratio under 1. He will play the Jamal Coombs-McDaniel role this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom