Giffey needs to play the 3 a little | The Boneyard

Giffey needs to play the 3 a little

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He did a great job on Leslie last night at the 4 however I think he gives us our best option at the 3. They play off Evans when he is in there because he cant shoot from the perimeter. With Cahoun is in there he is mistake prone. Giffey doesnt turn it over and he can hit the outside shot. My starting lineup would be Bazz, Boat, Giffey, Daniels or Olander, and Wolf

Reaction Score
Giffey line...

20 minutes
O-2
0 pts
0 rebounds

Umm not sure where the praise is coming from for this performance...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Pretty much, and I will never understand this board's obsession with positions, when Giffey is at the 4(or Daniels for that matter) they are playing on the perimeter and given wing responsibilities, the greater issue is what they actually do on the offensive end with their minutes. I thought with Giffey seeing the ball go through the net against Stony Brook that would invite him to take chances on O and try to make things happen, but again it's the same Giffey playing with his ass sewn shut. I don't want him out there comitting turnover after turnover like Omar and DeAndre but when he has put it on the floor and tried to do something going towards the basket he has shown us something this year, I would like to see him try to do something to be an option on offense and stop putting so much of the burden on Shabazz and Boat.

Giffey line...

20 minutes
O-2
0 pts
0 rebounds

Umm not sure where the praise is coming from for this performance...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Tough for Giffey to score when hes not on the perimeter. We dont play 4 guys on the perimeter when we have the 3 guards in there. The game Giffey scored alot he was playing the 3 part of that game because Evans was out

Reaction Score
Giffey is not on the blocks, neither is DeAndre

caw

Reaction Score
Giffey is getting some praise because he did play very good defense on Leslie. He also tipped a lot of balls to get rebounds. He only took 1 (?) shot, so I don't know what you can say about his offense.

Reaction Score
Giffey is getting some praise because he did play very good defense on Leslie. He also tipped a lot of balls to get rebounds. He only took 1 (?) shot, so I don't know what you can say about his offense.

You're right, he did play good D on Leslie, much better than DeAndre who just conceded the post to him. Wish he would be more aggressive on O tho.

caw

Reaction Score
You're right, he did play good D on Leslie, much better than DeAndre who just conceded the post to him. Wish he would be more aggressive on O tho.

He wasn't really open, NCST did a good job of sticking with him.

Reaction Score
Giffey is not on the blocks, neither is DeAndre

Actually was. And in fact, he got good post position (where he would have had a very easy layup) but out guards (okay, just Boat) failed to get him the ball.

Which is another issue, he doesn't get the ball on offense. How is he supposed to score, if he's never given the ball in a position to score.

I don't care whether he is at the 3/4 but his shot is a three pointer, so he needs to be taking those. (And seeing as he is our best three point shooter, he should be given the ball when wide open.)

Giffey's stats may have been terrible, but that's why you watch the game. He did a lot of positive things that don't show up on the stat sheet, except maybe in plus or minus. He's also one of our better defenders. And I understand playing him at the four, because apparently the one thing he's aggressive with is rebounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom