Giff continues to be our new | The Boneyard

Giff continues to be our new

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
energizer bunny under those defensive boards - man when he grabs for those rebounds he just looks like a man possessed - don't know what KO said to him or put in his H2O in the past 5 games but the guy shows an unbelievable tenacity to grab those rebounds,
His offense is important but those rebounds prove so critical.

Reaction Score
It is remarkable how well he has played on the defensive end of the floor and rebounded the ball.

We would not be still playing if it was not for him

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
All of the rebounds he grabs seem to be at crucial junctures of the game. Keep it up Niels!

Reaction Score
If they double up on DD look for Niels to have a few more open shots. The new X factor.

Reaction Score
When Niels goes up for a rebound I swear he becomes 7 feet tall, he's plastic man. As others have mentioned without that clutch 3 pointer Husky Nation would have at least momentarily stopped breathing.

Reaction Score
For fans of both UConn basketball teams...

Niels Giffey = Kelly Faris

Agree....I actually thought before the season started he was going to have a Kelly Faris type senior year. So glad he stayed with us and he did.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
For fans of both UConn basketball teams...

Niels Giffey = Kelly Faris

I'll take your word for it, but one of those teams has a much smaller margin for error.

Giffey has been tremendous in the tourney. I liked him the first time I saw him in an XL exhibition his first year. It's great seeing him save his best basketball for last.

He was so good that even Lundquist commented on it a bunch of times. For that to happen he is off the charts.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
It was unbelievable the way he was asserting himself on the boards last night. That's exactly the kind of toughness we will need tomorrow afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom