Gif | The Boneyard

Gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He should be playing starter minutes regardless if he starts or not. He turned into an all-around player

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I've always liked his game. He turns down open shots that he can make -- even early in this one.

I thought one silver lining of the Evans injury was an opportunity to see more Calhoun at the 2 and Giff at the 3. Giff killed it today. And Omar finally showed off that shooting stroke.

Reaction Score
Glad he finally took the wide open shots that were available to him instead of pump faking himself out of the wide open jumpers he had in the first half and dribbling into the D. The usual KO critics in that other post are again slamming his offense, the offense would look fine if guys took and knock down their wide open shots. Giffey did that in the 2nd half and it got our O going. We would've had a damn lead if DeAndre could've made the many he got in the first half and Giffey got a little more selfish and took the shots that were there for him. I hope he has this approach from here on out, if Shabazz and Boat are gonna defer, guys gotta make shots.

Reaction Score
Deserves to start over OC at the 3. Would help us defensively as well. OC could be the microwave off the bench.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Glad he finally took the wide open shots that were available to him instead of pump faking himself out of the wide open jumpers he had in the first half and dribbling into the D. The usual KO critics in that other post are again slamming his offense, the offense would look fine if guys took and knock down their wide open shots. Giffey did that in the 2nd half and it got our O going. We would've had a damn lead if DeAndre could've made the many he got in the first half and Giffey got a little more selfish and took the shots that were there for him. I hope he has this approach from here on out, if Shabazz and Boat are gonna defer, guys gotta make shots.

Yes, you and I have been looking for Giff to do this for some time and it was nice to see him begin to be more assertive. I think that he could be better at driving and hitting pullups and passing to open 3 point shooters, but one step at a time. Deandre really does need to start making more of the wide open 3 pointers that he is trying. DD has been better at driving and shooting little floaters. I wish he too would get a little more intensity in going after the rebounds and playing on man defense.

Reaction Score
MVP today, made some great plays and grabbed some big boards to keep things alive........he's betting better and is a key to this team through next year!! Solid stroke, need to get him more looks and he's starting to get a little inside game, backdown move! Thank you Gif for bailing the boys with Bazz.......

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Giffey is playing a different game than the rest of the team, always has been. He is a pass and cut, pass and cut kind of guy. UConn is mostly running iso's or 2 on 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom