Gibbs haters? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gibbs haters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gibbs also had 3 assist and 0 turnovers. His finish needs to be a little stronger but he's the alpha dog right now.

Reaction Score
I started this thread to show how unappreciated Gibbs is here on this board and the fact that people are still replying and saying he should be coming off the bench is completely justifying the my point for this thread. He's been solely responsible for 3 of this team's wins and people still look to find the negatives in his game and downgrade his importance. The disrespect he's been shown here time and again is ridiculous. Just because he hasn't spent all 4 years of his college career here doesn't make him any less of a husky than someone else on the team.

You're being silly. How come I never seeing you defend Purvis? or how about Nolan who's been ridiculed here non stop. why don't you demand more respect for them? is it because one spent 3 years and the other 4 years and makes them less a husky then some one who has only spent a few months here?

Nobody here is disrespecting Gibbs by saying this is what he is, let's embrace him as he is and not as something he is not. He's a high volume scorer. The last 3 or 4 games our bench has been out scored big time and in my opinion yes it was me who said maybe he should come of the bench and help with the non production we're getting from there

Today Houston started 1 for 15 yet they were only down by 5 if we matched possessions that means we were something like 2 or 3 for 15 which is horrendous we lead 9-5 and few minutes after we were down by like 5 or six. Pieces need to be moved because the starting line up has not worked all season if you ask me why Gibbs off the bench and not Purvis. It's simple Purvis was the leading scorer and our best 3 point shooter till he got benched against Memphis.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
You're being silly. How come I never seeing you defend Purvis? or how about Nolan who's been ridiculed here non stop. why don't you demand more respect for them? is it because one spent 3 years and the other 4 years and makes them less a husky then some one who has only spent a few months here?

What the hell are you talking about? I'm saying that because Gibbs was a 5th year transfer that he's getting less respect from our fan base. People here were saying from day 1 that Adams should be starting over a Gibbs and there's still people saying that. That's not going to happen. Gibbs struggled a bit early in the year from 3 and people were calling for him to be benched. He's single-handledly has won 3 games for UConn this year and people in this thread are still saying Gibbs should be coming off that bench. That's asinine.

What the hell are you talking about related to defending Purvis? No one is disrespecting him on these forums, so there's nothing to defend... he's done nothing wrong. He's a beast and emblematic of everything you want a UConn guard to be. I have repeatedly said that Purvis has been our most consistent player this year. He's had 2 bad shooting games and that happens... so I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here about Purvis or Nolan. Neither have been disrespected by posters on this board as much as Gibbs. This part of your post is very odd.

Nobody here is disrespecting Gibbs by saying this is what he is, let's embrace him as he is and not as something he is not. He's a high volume scorer.

You're disrespecting Gibbs by calling him a high volume scorer. That's not what he is at all. He's averaging 9.4 fg attempts per game and scoring 12.9 ppg. That's actually rather efficient. He's 3rd on our team in fg attempts per game, behind Purvis (10.8) and Hamilton (11.3) . So the guy who attempts the 3rd most shots per game on our team is a high volume scorer? That's non-nonsensical. He's shot 54% from 3 over the past 3 games on 6 attempts per game. That's efficient... and not high volume. What the hell are you arguing? Who else would you rather have taking our shots?

Again, your post makes no sense and I have no idea what you're arguing. You're making assumptions about players without looking at the stat sheet.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
There were and aren't any Gibb haters. No fan 'hates' a UConn player. At the most fans may hate the way a player is playing.

This is an unfair question and also similar threads that appear with 'haters'. Just say 'I told you so', but don't call any of our fans haters.

I think Gibbs has gotten a ton of unfair criticism on this board from uconn fans and I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that he'll only be here 1 year as a graduate transfer. The fact that people in this thread are STILL saying he should be coming off the bench is insane. No, he's not a true PG, but he's our best option at PG right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom