Gibbs and his role | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gibbs and his role

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I forgot to mention that SG has made an impressive improvement in his defense. He played a lot of minutes in the tournament and was not a defensive liability at all. If we had Jake on this team, Gibbs would have a much easier time getting to the hoop.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I forgot to mention that SG has made an impressive improvement in his defense. He played a lot of minutes in the tournament and was not a defensive liability at all. If we had Jake on this team, Gibbs would have a much easier time getting to the hoop.

Also, on the defensive end Gibbs has been able to steal the ball recently and take it to the hoop for a bucket. I love seeing that.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Also, on the defensive end Gibbs has been able to steal the ball recently and take it to the hoop for a bucket. I love seeing that.
Yep. Some people overlook the good or great plays of certain players. Subjective bias.

Reaction Score
After watching the second half of the Memphis tournament game I can't believe that people are ignoring the mistakes a freshman Jalen is prone to make. In four possessions he made three critical mistakes and almost handed the game to Memphis single handedly. The team put the game away in the second half with Jalen on the bench. I'm very excited about Jalen. But how can anyone ignore my post and what you have written.

It's how it's going to be this year. Conversely, Gibbs makes a nice drive and dish or locates a shooter in rhythm and it passes without comment. He turns the ball over and he's excoriated while the rest of his teammates are throwing the ball all over the building. At some point it became about Gibbs and it seems like it's going to stay that way for the rest of the year. It's become routine to see Purvis or Gibbs get handed the ball with 4 seconds left on the shotclock and then the Boneyard crushes them for missing a 28 foot fadeawawy.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
It's how it's going to be this year. Conversely, Gibbs makes a nice drive and dish or locates a shooter in rhythm and it passes without comment. He turns the ball over and he's excoriated while the rest of his teammates are throwing the ball all over the building. At some point it became about Gibbs and it seems like it's going to stay that way for the rest of the year. It's become routine to see Purvis or Gibbs get handed the ball with 4 seconds left on the shotclock and then the Boneyard crushes them for missing a 28 foot fadeawawy.
It doesn't make a difference if it's religion, politics, culture or sports. Never underestimate the power of herd bias.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Ollie was just asked an unrelated question, and went on a tangent talking about the leadership that Gibbs brings that the fans never see. He's never missed or been late to a practice, is always one of the hardest workers, and never complains or has a bad word for anyone. Ollie's only criticism was he wished he was a more vocal presence during games.

I've been as hard on Gibbs as anyone, but I'll be rooting hard for him. The time for adjustments is over. Gotta roll with what you got and don't look back.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is why we have a chance. Bad layuppers can turn good overnight.

Colorado fans say that their guys miss bunny layups all the time as well. Should be an interesting game.

Reaction Score
I've been pretty disgusted with Gibbs' play since December. What he has done is turn himself into a decent 1/2 court defender, and he's a good standstill shooter who can bring the ball up against pressure and not turn it over.

When we pushed the lead out vs. Memphis after that horrible stretch from Adams, it was with Gibbs bringing the ball up, handing it to Hamilton, and shooting standstill 3's when open. It wasn't with Gibbs taking the ball to the basket or putting it in his hands late in the shot clock.

Reaction Score
I've been pretty disgusted with Gibbs' play since December.

Maybe I'm alone in this but when this is the first sentence of your post I just assume you've got nothing worth listening to.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is why we have a chance. Bad layuppers can turn good overnight.

If Gibbs and Purvis get hot hitting layups, watch out. No stopping this team. It will be Yuge!!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
After watching the second half of the Memphis tournament game I can't believe that people are ignoring the mistakes a freshman Jalen is prone to make.
I think you need to eat a mojo sandwich, fleud. You could have brought up the fact that if he doesn't lose his mind at the end of the Cincy game, the miracle shot would have been unnecessary. But like the Bad News Bears said, " It just doesn't matter! It just doesn't matter!"

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm alone in this but when this is the first sentence of your post I just assume you've got nothing worth listening to.

I've been around here a long time, my friend, and been a pretty measured, if no longer particularly frequent poster for most of that time (one admittedly out-of-line post about Gibbs after the Houston game notwithstanding). So I really don't care what you read and don't read.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

...Are you blacked out for the first 18 seconds of every possession when Gibbs lazily stands around with the ball at the top of the key and gets 0 going offensively? His late in the clock contested shots are manifest destiny.

Reaction Score
I think you need to eat a mojo sandwich, fleud. You could have brought up the fact that if he doesn't lose his mind at the end of the Cincy game, the miracle shot would have been unnecessary. But like the Bad News Bears said, " It just doesn't matter! It just doesn't matter!"

Because that layup at the end of the 2nd OT wasn't nearly as awesome as the heave, right? There is no other player on this team that even gets within 12 feet of the basket in that situation, much less actually makes the shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom