GGG / Canelo 3 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

GGG / Canelo 3

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
What's the Fury dodging talk? He told Usyk to tape em up in mid December and Usyk doesn't want to fight then. Fury doesn't want to wait around so for now he's moved on to a December fight with AJ while Usyk heals and spends time with his family. Really hope it happens in March or whenever Usyk is ready because I think Fury would dismantle him.

Agreed. Fury is not dodging Usyk and Usyk is not dodging Fury. Usyk just had two huge fights against Joshua (career defining almost as if Usyk needed any more medals to go along with his HOF career) and a literal war at home. Usyk deserves any time off he wants to take.

While I agree it is tough to put HW in P4P lists I think Usyk and Fury are deserving. You can say what you want about Fury's resume but you can only fight who wants to fight and Fury has not ducked anybody in his career. Fought Vlad when Vlad was on top of the world and fought Wilder when many did not want to get in front of that right hand he has (the only thing he has).

If GGG can contain himself and box he can beat Canelo (again, I scored it 7-5 GGG in the first fight and 6-6 in the 2nd). I have never seen GGG want to just box though and he has clearly shown slippage in his past few fights. Should be a good action packed fight and I unfortunately think Canelo takes a decision, a more clear decision than their last fight which I thought was a draw.

Reaction Score
He's a giant, there's no weight for him to move up to. Penalizing him for that is silly and part of the reason I never take P4P lists all that seriously.
the original idea of p4p lists were to evaluate non-HWs on the basis of their skills and resume, for me if I'm putting a HW on there they would have to accomplish something like what Usyk did and be extraordinary skill wise, Fury not fitting that bill but to each his own. Ain't no way in the world am I evaluating Fury and then someone like Inoue and saying yea, Fury should be ahead of him on a p4p list. And again, his resume is not fitting of a p4p guy, not even close.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I’m currently on my way to Vegas for the fight. I think Canelo will win but I’ll be rooting for GGG. He got screwed in the first fight which should have been a clear GGG victory and the second fight was awesome and he might have edged that out too. But he’s 40. I’m hoping for a Marquez-type performance in the fourth fight against Pacquaio but that’s unlikely.
Vegas is packed right now - lots of Canelo fans roaming the streets.

Reaction Score
He's a giant, there's no weight for him to move up to. Penalizing him for that is silly and part of the reason I never take P4P lists all that seriously.

Yeah, I don't talk about P4P because it's practically meaningless.

I think Fury is the best of the HWs right now. I used to think he was ducking, but really he's just a weird, kind of person. People 6'9 and 270lbs are not supposed to move how he does. He's a genetic freak in a layer of fat that confuses people.

Usyk is the most skilled in the weight class though. I can't imagine Usyk wins that fight though... Fury has what, 50lbs and 6 inches on him? In the rest of the boxing world, that would be like fighting someone 6 weight classes above you. That's not how fighting is supposed to work.

If Cruiserweight was more competitive and Usyk didn't move up, or Usyk was a 3 inches taller, he would have been even more dominant. Scary dominant. All-time great potential. My opinion is that many of the heavyweight greats from back in the day (Ali comes to mind) in today's world of nutrition and sports science could have easily cut to cruisereweight. It's just not popular because it's a weird no man's land weight.

Reaction Score
What's the Fury dodging talk? He told Usyk to tape em up in mid December and Usyk doesn't want to fight then. Fury doesn't want to wait around so for now he's moved on to a December fight with AJ while Usyk heals and spends time with his family. Really hope it happens in March or whenever Usyk is ready because I think Fury would dismantle him.
Well he just fought, he has injuries, and hasn’t really had time to rest since March with training and the war.

Why is he constantly calling out the guy Usyk beat back to back? I understand the money, but there’s nothing really on the line. And as I said, that Dillian Whyte fight was super unnecessary.

Fury has just been rubbing me entirely the wrong way. With this retirement, saying he’s coming back, saying he’s not. Just trying to stay in the public eye. He’s also just been an a**hole recently with comments about Usyk, you would think a guy that struggles so much with so many issues would be above petty/childish trash talk.

Reaction Score
Well he just fought, he has injuries, and hasn’t really had time to rest since March with training and the war.

Why is he constantly calling out the guy Usyk beat back to back? I understand the money, but there’s nothing really on the line. And as I said, that Dillian Whyte fight was super unnecessary.

Fury has just been rubbing me entirely the wrong way. With this retirement, saying he’s coming back, saying he’s not. Just trying to stay in the public eye. He’s also just been an a**hole recently with comments about Usyk, you would think a guy that struggles so much with so many issues would be above petty/childish trash talk.

He's a terrible human being, and a wonderful boxer. Plenty of guys in fight sports are... maybe the majority if you want me to be completely honest.

Reaction Score
He's a terrible human being, and a wonderful boxer. Plenty of guys in fight sports are... maybe the majority if you want me to be completely honest.
I feel like not many of the champs right now aren’t at least alright guys, nor many of the top guys in various weight classes. I could be wrong

Reaction Score

Fury is calling Usyk out, he calls him the "middleweight" and says Usyk is running and hiding, Fury calls everyone out.

What are Usyk's injuries that allow him to run around playing basketball but won't allow him to fight 4 months between fights? Why is Joshua, the loser against Usyk apparently ready to fight Fury on December 3rd?

Reaction Score
I view him very differently than you do. He seems like a great guy to me. Entirely engaging with everyone, talks candidly about his demons, he's hilarious, and he's a master showman/hype man like Ali who backs it all up in the ring. As much as he talked junk about Wilder leading up to those fights he showed Wilder all the respect in the world after Deontay laid it all on the line in the last fight. I love his personality and find him entirely unique and refreshing in today's sports world.

Reaction Score
Fury is calling Usyk out, he calls him the "middleweight" and says Usyk is running and hiding, Fury calls everyone out.

What are Usyk's injuries that allow him to run around playing basketball but won't allow him to fight 4 months between fights? Why is Joshua, the loser against Usyk apparently ready to fight Fury on December 3rd?

Having trained and been in Ukraine for a period of time during the war, away from family for a while, he can get a break lol. He said he would be ready first few months of 2023. Being able to play basketball and being in a boxing match are two incredibly different things, that’s pretty simple.

Also Usyk has never fought at Middleweight so…weird. And Fury has been on record saying his toughest fight was Cunningham, who mostly fought at Cruiserweight.

Fury is just an a**hole, and if he really wants the Usyk fight, he could wait a few months for the boxer who fought so recently against a tough opponent.

Reaction Score
I view him very differently than you do. He seems like a great guy to me. Entirely engaging with everyone, talks candidly about his demons, he's hilarious, and he's a master showman/hype man like Ali who backs it all up in the ring. As much as he talked junk about Wilder leading up to those fights he showed Wilder all the respect in the world after Deontay laid it all on the line in the last fight. I love his personality and find him entirely unique and refreshing in today's sports world.

I was referring primarily to the sketchy mob ties.

Reaction Score
Why the hatred for goodboy GGG ?

This seems to go against the majority opinion outside Mexico.
Never liked GGG and the pandering "Mexican style" nonsense he and his team peddled during his HBO run. Talented fighter but too much propaganda for me, also turned around and did the same diva ish he and his team accused other fighters of doing once he became a major figure in the game, but of course he never caught the same heat for it. That's what happens when your promoter/manager Tom Loeffler is paying media figures for coverage.

Reaction Score
Having trained and been in Ukraine for a period of time during the war, away from family for a while, he can get a break lol. He said he would be ready first few months of 2023. Being able to play basketball and being in a boxing match are two incredibly different things, that’s pretty simple.

Also Usyk has never fought at Middleweight so…weird. And Fury has been on record saying his toughest fight was Cunningham, who mostly fought at Cruiserweight.

Fury is just an a**hole, and if he really wants the Usyk fight, he could wait a few months for the boxer who fought so recently against a tough opponent.
Fury really wants the fight, he just doesn't want to wait around a full year between fights.

Fury also calls Usyk a midget and himself a 7 footer. Usyk isn't really a midget or a middleweight and Fury really isn't 7 feet tall. It's all part of his selling/promotion and mind games. I think when they actually do set a date Usyk agrees to Fury will step up the trash talk much further.

ColchVEGAS

Reaction Score
I believe Usyk fought at middleweight for a period of time in amateurs...that was also close to 20 years ago though.

Fury just loves talking trash and ultimately just does it for the show. Fury close to matches Usyk's boxing ability and I think gives Usyk the best fight at HW there is to be made out there. I give Fury the edge because he is a talented boxer, especially for this size, and has heart. Wilder hit him with a Mack truck and he kept getting up. Usyk does not have that type of power.

I would love to hear how everyone thinks GGG/Canelo goes this time around. No way GGG can win on the cards in Vegas against Canelo as we have seen. Needs a KO, but Canelo and GGG both have some of the best chins in boxing if not the best, both now and historically so I just do not see a stoppage happening.

GGG has been susceptible to getting hurt to the body in the past few years so I expect Canelo's gameplan will be hitting the body early and often. The more you go to the body though the more you open up to getting touched up top. GGG needs to stay active and live off the jab, if he can keep the jab in Canelo's face 30+ times a round, which is right around where he averages his chances are good. Canelo cannot take time off either. He constantly gets in these modes where he does little to nothing for half to 2 min of a round just looking for counters then tries to steal the round in the last 30-60 sec. GGG knows this and will/should not let it happen.

Really want GGG to get this one, especially as a GGG superfan, but I just do not see it happening. I doubt this is the end for GGG, win or lose, but the end is definitely near and I want the good boy to go out on top as he deserves.

Reaction Score
Fury really wants the fight, he just doesn't want to wait around a full year between fights.

Fury also calls Usyk a midget and himself a 7 footer. Usyk isn't really a midget or a middleweight and Fury really isn't 7 feet tall. It's all part of his selling/promotion and mind games. I think when they actually do set a date Usyk agrees to Fury will step up the trash talk much further.
He doesn’t wanna wait? He’s been making a huge deal about being retired, un-retiring, retiring again, yadda yadda yadda. Come on.

Reaction Score
He doesn’t wanna wait? He’s been making a huge deal about being retired, un-retiring, retiring again, yadda yadda yadda. Come on.
You're listening to the Usyk crowd spin. You can't claim Fury is ducking when he gave him a date 4 months after Usyk's last fight where they were both going to make insane amounts of money.

Reaction Score
I believe Usyk fought at middleweight for a period of time in amateurs...that was also close to 20 years ago though.

Fury just loves talking trash and ultimately just does it for the show. Fury close to matches Usyk's boxing ability and I think gives Usyk the best fight at HW there is to be made out there. I give Fury the edge because he is a talented boxer, especially for this size, and has heart. Wilder hit him with a Mack truck and he kept getting up. Usyk does not have that type of power.

I would love to hear how everyone thinks GGG/Canelo goes this time around. No way GGG can win on the cards in Vegas against Canelo as we have seen. Needs a KO, but Canelo and GGG both have some of the best chins in boxing if not the best, both now and historically so I just do not see a stoppage happening.

GGG has been susceptible to getting hurt to the body in the past few years so I expect Canelo's gameplan will be hitting the body early and often. The more you go to the body though the more you open up to getting touched up top. GGG needs to stay active and live off the jab, if he can keep the jab in Canelo's face 30+ times a round, which is right around where he averages his chances are good. Canelo cannot take time off either. He constantly gets in these modes where he does little to nothing for half to 2 min of a round just looking for counters then tries to steal the round in the last 30-60 sec. GGG knows this and will/should not let it happen.

Really want GGG to get this one, especially as a GGG superfan, but I just do not see it happening. I doubt this is the end for GGG, win or lose, but the end is definitely near and I want the good boy to go out on top as he deserves.
I told myself I wouldn't watch another GGG v. Canelo fight after the judging in the other fights and I'm sticking with that.

GGG wasn't near the height of his powers for the other ones and now he's ancient and would need a knockout for the win.

Reaction Score
You're listening to the Usyk crowd spin. You can't claim Fury is ducking when he gave him a date 4 months after Usyk's last fight where they were both going to make insane amounts of money.
You’re being a full on Fury homer. Give the guy a bit of an extended break, its been a pretty tumultuous 10 or so months.

Reaction Score
You’re being a full on Fury homer. Give the guy a bit of an extended break, its been a pretty tumultuous 10 or so months.
You're the one who said Fury is avoiding Usyk. I responded with that isn't true, Fury offered him a date and Usyk declined.

If Fury was actually avoiding him I would say that.

Reaction Score
You're the one who said Fury is avoiding Usyk. I responded with that isn't true, Fury offered him a date and Usyk declined.

If Fury was actually avoiding him I would say that.
Well it appeared he had been. He was calling for the Joshua fight a lot. I understand its the money fight, but if you want to cement your legacy and better your resume, call out Usyk. And not at that quick of a turnaround for a guy who just went 12 rounds with a tough opponent. Come to an agreement in between both requested dates. That happens all the time.

ColchVEGAS

Reaction Score
Fury and Usyk will happen. Fury will get by Joshua in December and Usyk will probably take a fight in early 2023, which he will get by as there is not a HW that can compete with Usyk outside of Fury. Meaning Usyk vs. Fury for all the marbles will happen in summer 2023. It will be an amazing fight and might be the end of two great careers. I give Fury the edge, only because Usyk does not have the power to keep Fury away. Not to say Usyk cannot outbox him because Usyk is one of the best P4P pure boxers in the world.

How great for boxing it will be to see Spence/Crawford to end 2022, then having the potential Usyk/Fury and Beterbiev/Bivol sometime in 2023. All great matches that I think even casual fans would thoroughly enjoy.

Reaction Score
I told myself I wouldn't watch another GGG v. Canelo fight after the judging in the other fights and I'm sticking with that.

GGG wasn't near the height of his powers for the other ones and now he's ancient and would need a knockout for the win.

Watching an old man fight a 32 year old who already won because of blatant favoritism is not something I'm paying for. Everyone in the boxing world knows GGGs talent. He has nothing left to prove IMO.

Reaction Score
Glorified sparring match and honestly does nothing to enhance Canelo's pfp status, GGG is clearly faded he should have put it on GGG. This fight probably drops Canelo's stock. I wonder what the Showtime and DAZN offers look like after this and the Bivol performance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom