Getting to know the Boneyard members at bit | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Getting to know the Boneyard members at bit

Reaction Score
All I got that comes close is that I met actress Betsy Palmer at a party at my home in the summer of '74, before she played the murderous mother in the iconic movie, Friday the 13th.
As a huge horror fan, I’m blown away by this. How did you happen to meet her? Did you see the movie when it came out? That’s so neat. I’ve met a lot of horror actors (particularly older ones) at conventions and they all seem very down to earth.

Reaction Score
There are certain memories that are really etched into your mind. One of mine was getting off of the bus on Parris Island in 1953 and having someone standing in front of me yelling "The smoking lamp is not lit." This is how ignorant I was. I started looking around for a lamp.

Reaction Score
All I got that comes close is that I met actress Betsy Palmer at a party at my home in the summer of '74, before she played the murderous mother in the iconic movie, Friday the 13th.
Spoiler alert?

Reaction Score
As a huge horror fan, I’m blown away by this. How did you happen to meet her? Did you see the movie when it came out? That’s so neat. I’ve met a lot of horror actors (particularly older ones) at conventions and they all seem very down to earth.
Welcome to the world of Professional Engineers!

Reaction Score

Palmer was visiting a neighbor who was a theatrical agent. I shared the house with several others and the house was in a crowded beach community. We always invited all the neighbors to our weekend parties.

Reaction Score
Well I went from living in a public housing project, to the US Navy where I attended Electronics Tech and Nuclear Power schools. While serving aboard the USS Carl Vinson I took #2 reactor plant critical for the very first time. I qualified to operate there different reactor plants by age 25. While serving full time, I completed a BS degree as a first gen member of my family to graduate from college. I left the Navy after almost 11 years and went to work for a major airframe manufacturer in the PNW where worked for 32 years. While working full time, I earned an MBA and went on to become a Marketing/Sales director managing accounts in India, Thailand, Vietnam, and New Zealand. I've been to every continent except Antarctica and over 45 countries. I'm also the son of an immigrant mother who didn't speak English and parents neither of whom graduated from high school. I retired at 62, have a son who's a world-class sailor and a PhD daughter doing cancer research at UVM.
I actually toured the USS Carl Vinson when it came to Singapore years ago where I was living. Amazing experience just touring the ship. Can't believe what experience it must have been to live and serve on her!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom