OT: - Getting tired of public "mistakes" | The Boneyard

OT: Getting tired of public "mistakes"

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
So the hotel I am in has a really great sign about 11 to 7 being quiet time. Very professional. Sort of.

It starts out by saying the hotel practices "quietude". Not sure on that usage, but maybe.

It ends by saying that quiet time is "A Head". Very distinctly 2 words. OMG is all I can say.

Reaction Score
So the hotel I am in has a really great sign about 11 to 7 being quiet time. Very professional. Sort of.

It starts out by saying the hotel practices "quietude". Not sure on that usage, but maybe.

It ends by saying that quiet time is "A Head". Very distinctly 2 words. OMG is all I can say.
While OMG works for nice people---in dealing with Govt of any level or Big businesses--I prefer the catch all---BS.

Reaction Score

Quietude reminds me of the early 60's when---it was "workwise", businesswise, mechanicwise, which wasn't wise at all. You should tell them their customers won't get A HEAD--without sleep.

Reaction Score
The New London Day, my area paper, has daily screw-ups that drive me crazy! For example, several years ago The Day had scores at the bottom of the sports front page especially my sport, Wrestling. They had the score, Killingly 48-Montville 21, inside the little blip of an article about the match said Montville came from behind to beat Killingly, 48-21! And there are mistakes like that and spelling throughout the paper everyday!
With spell check and Content Editors how does that stuff get into the paper every dang day?
I said I wouldn't put pages of The Day in the bottom of a birdcage as an insult to the bird!
But since it's my area paper I still get it every morning to keep up with the area news and sports!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Reminds me of the old Benny Hill joke where the bad actor reads his line as: "What's that in the road, a head?"

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
SNAFU is more to my liking.

Gone are the days of quality control and more importantly serious proofreading. There was a time when readers of the big newspapers would write letters of complaint regarding misspellings and poor grammar located on middle pages, and would threaten to cancel subscriptions should such a thing ever make it to the front page.

(I blame Microsoft! The first company to build an empire on a product that crashes at least once a week under any minor stress.)

(Edit - or maybe I should blame Chevy whose products always crashed and eventually included pyrotechnics displays with their Corvair.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom