Getting pumped. Pre game music. | The Boneyard

Getting pumped. Pre game music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Keep it clean children. I have no words anymore. This season has been so up and down, but they seem to be putting it together. I just hope that they hit their peak this week. There's nothing left really to teach, except what it takes to take the energy on the road, and go out and get the job done.

I sooooo very much want the season to continue. I guess I do have some words, but anyway when I get like this it's music I turn to, Fishbone cleared things up earlier, but now I need something with a little different energy than Angelo Moore dancing on stage, a little more angry. Hopefully these guys, when they get on that plane tomorrow are pumping their ipods with whatever gets their juices flowing, and when they're getting up and lathered on Saturday.......

So here's my choice right now for listening pleasure. Disturbed's - The game. Boy you should see my kids faces when I start digging into the music collections.....Dad's a little bit of a nut.

"Tell me exactly what I'm supposed to do. Now that I've been beaten completely. Do you think that we could play another game? Maybe I can win this time........"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsIXGVOvah8

that's a good choice for now. By Saturday I'll be ready to run through a wall. What's everybody else like listening to pre-game?

Reaction Score
Big tradition now missing. Oh Fortuna or Carmina (or whatever it is called) needs to resume its place as a pre-game "kickoff". That song was terrific in that slot. Don't recall being polled about that.

Also, did I hear correctly at the Syracuse game a song (Kiss me) being played during warmups. Now not sure of the songs actual title but it struck me as not at all appropriate to put players and fans into a proper pregame frame. It just struck us as a little to "teenie bopper" for a football game.

Reaction Score
it was played but during the game at a tv break to get couples to kiss that they showed on the big screen.

Reaction Score
I so looked forward to O Fortuna. It told me it's "time"

I've got it as my ringtone.

There have been a few TV commercials that used O Fortuna for their music.

Reaction Score
I got pumped up from Guerilla Radio! What is the new song they use now for the pre-game video board highlights?

Also ... I am the "DJ Joey Franchise" for my son's high school hockey team. I usually get some song suggestions from the Seniors. Word out of the locker room this year is more dubstep and Skrillex ...

Reaction Score
O Fortuna was kinda becoming a tradition at the Rent. A little over the top, but it got the crowd jacked up seeing the team run out with it. They oughta bring it back.

I did like the intro vid they had this year, but it's only good for this year:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Oh Fortuna or Carmina (or whatever it is called) needs to resume its place as a pre-game "kickoff".

Carmina Burana is a song cycle based medieval collection of poems that begins and ends with "O Fortuna". It's sounds cool in person and the Hartford Symphony is performing it this May-June if you are interested.

And here's a performance of O Fortuna with the English translation.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Big tradition now missing. Oh Fortuna or Carmina (or whatever it is called) needs to resume its place as a pre-game "kickoff". That song was terrific in that slot. Don't recall being polled about that.

Also, did I hear correctly at the Syracuse game a song (Kiss me) being played during warmups. Now not sure of the songs actual title but it struck me as not at all appropriate to put players and fans into a proper pregame frame. It just struck us as a little to "teenie bopper" for a football game.

I'm pretty sure that O' Fortuna was Edsall's call and that is why it disappeared. He was pretty early on that train, because I had never heard it before UConn used it and now it's everywhere.

Reaction Score
Well, if I had my choice, the ecstasy of gold as an intro.....that would be playing prior to the entry of my huskies onto the field at Rentschler.

Reaction Score
Let's blow it all up! Maybe a little PANTERA 5 minutes alone I heard Oregon uses it on occasion. Remember kids it's always DIME time!!!!

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that O' Fortuna was Edsall's call and that is why it disappeared. He was pretty early on that train, because I had never heard it before UConn used it and now it's everywhere.

Never like to give Rutgers credit, but they used it before UConn and "coincidentally" we began playing it a week or two after that 2001 game at RU.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Never like to give Rutgers credit, but they used it before UConn and "coincidentally" we began playing it a week or two after that 2001 game at RU.

That was probably one of the 3 worst matchups in 1-A that season, but UConn won... so makes sense to steal it.

Although I don't remember UConn ever playing it at Memorial Stadium.

Reaction Score
That was probably one of the 3 worst matchups in 1-A that season, but UConn won... so makes sense to steal it.

Although I don't remember UConn ever playing it at Memorial Stadium.

It was worked into the pre-game warm up immediately following that game when they had the DJ do the music. Team came out to fight song only at Memorial Stadium. Not until the Rent did this become the official team entrance song.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think the Marching Band (Music Department) should write some songs. I did like the MST3000 style countdown video on the scoreboard 3.....2.....1.....C. It would have been a good spot for the firework launch.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Well, if I had my choice, the ecstasy of gold as an intro.....that would be playing prior to the entry of my huskies onto the field at Rentschler.

Fantastic song... just got chills listening to it on YouTube. Jay-Z did sample it for his song Blueprint2...

Now I'm seeing on YouTube that Metallica did a cover of it... that could be pretty sick for an intro.

I understand the love for Carmina Burana, but in my opinion that has become the "de facto" entrance song of a ton of teams. Just kind of doesn't feel special as an intro anymore? Still, great music. My brother was part of a performance of this when he was at Princeton... really cool to hear live.

Guerilla Radio, classic as well... but I can't blame them for finding a more current intro.

TDH, UConn did solicit feedback for an intro song on Facebook... I think it was during the spring. I have no problem with the choice.

How come no one is mentioning this one... saw that they moved it to 2nd half kickoff this season. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom