Getting homered at a 'neutral' court game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Getting homered at a 'neutral' court game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nolan left the ref no choice, he had to call it. Zebras are all over the place in this game; inconsistent and calling fouls (like Giffey's 2nd) from 25 feet behind the play.

Nolan's was a T. You're not allowed to do that. No idea what they called on Giffey, and the one where Shabazz was fouled twice and they called a jump ball?

I always like looking at the absolute number of fouls called. 11-8 right now.

Reaction Score
are we up to 5 team fouls before the first tv timeout? this could be a problem.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
As I was saying a few days ago, it doesn't matter that the tournament is in Memphis this year because they had little to no chance of winning it. Hold on Huskies! We'll see you tomorrow night.

Reaction Score
who cares!!!!!!!!!! we beating this suckers in their own full house! Connecticut baby!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Giffey scoring has taken the pressure off Boatright and Daniels, everyone is playing loose. Great to see.

Reaction Score
UConn won't beat UL if fouls are called like that against UConn.

How about we enjoy this game and then worry about the next.

Seriously, Can we just enjoy the moment please!! We'll figure how to beat UL after this game.

we killing this memphis joke! LETS GOOOOOOOO CONNECTICUT!!!!

Reaction Score
How about we enjoy this game and then worry about the next.

Seriously, Can we just enjoy the moment please!! We'll figure how to beat UL after this game.

we killing this memphis joke! LETS GOOOOOOOO CONNECTICUT!!!!

I am enjoying the game. My brain allows me to both enjoy an experience, and notice interesting facts regarding the experience.

Reaction Score
Fouls are 21 against UConn vs 13 against Memphis. Last game was 26 against UConn and 16 against UL. Both UL and Memphis play aggressive, on ball defense.

Reaction Score
The funny thing to me was when the announcers made a commnet along the lines that the officiating isn't what is costing Memphis the game insinuating that the refs where making questionable calls against Memphis and the reason the fans were booing. I almost fell out of my chair when I heard that. The first half was terrible against us and to be honest the second half wasn't much better. We never even got to the bonus and Memphis was in the double bonus with +5 minutes left in the game. That's what makes the margin of victory even that much more incredible.

Reaction Score
The best was the audible sign of relief mixed in with a few cheers when Giffey passed the ball a few times in the second half...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Louisville players have to draw blood or snap bones for fouls to be called on them.

Reaction Score
My favorite non-call last night was the Memphis player that saved the ball from going out of bounds and he hopped on one foot along the baseline (even stepped out of bounds) and the ref didn't even call a travel.

Reaction Score
Ballentine sucks as a ref. The officiating in college ball has been bad all year. The players adjust and the fans fuss. The T. by Nolan was deserved Nolan and Ollie knew it. I didn't expect a 20 point win, but felt we could do it. Glad we are moving on and they aren't

Reaction Score
ChrisSmith said:

I don't think "if" is part of the equation. Why would the officiating be any different than the last three games vs Louisville? UConn needs to find a way manage in spite of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc