Get with it Warde | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Get with it Warde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Our program has a black eye right now, and we need healing. The eye will still be sore when JC calls it quits. That's one intangible where having Ollie in the mix will help. His character, respect and even his spiritual demeanor (actions not words) would certainly help to right the ship.

Sure other coaches may seem qualified and probably are, however we are not a 'clean' program right now and a hiring mistake could in fact be detrimental for our future. With that said the program needs a replacement that can reset the course while maintaining our elite level. I don't know how many good coaches would follow a HOF coach that is a year or two removed from a post season penalty. Its one thing to follow a legend but a another to 'right a wrong'. We need someone that can do both, confidently. With that said, Ollie is clearly in the consideration if not the lead. I expect the Univ. to open up the process and evaluate accordingly. When all is said and done I expect that the candidates will be compared to Ollie, irrespective of coaching experience. However, the more we focus and discuss this the less we talk about JC and his achievements, which are still being written.

Kevin is in a good place right now, so can we just get ready to savor and enjoy the very best college bball coach's curtain call?

Reaction Score
So if recruits are being told that Ollie is the next coach, and it appears to be working, why add the sham "coach in waiting" title to it? It gives the idea zero additional credibility.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Why the rush to name Ollie? It's not like he's going anywhere... there is zero upside to naming him coach in waiting. In other circumstances, where they name a coach in waiting, it's usually because the guy has offers at other places and they want to make sure he doesn't leave and while I love Ollie... I don't think this is the case.

Look if after Calhoun retires, which I still think is 2 or 3 years away, and the University does their due diligence... they decide to hire Ollie... I think it'll be awesome... but there's no need to put the cart before the horse. There just isn't any rush here. Why make a rash decision?

Reaction Score
Warde and Herbst will bring us to our knees if they don't butt out. Settle the budget issues leave basketball alone.
Shaka Smart and the rest will be chewed up by the New England feminocracy. It took Calhoun and Rowe to get us here, let Calhoun continue the progress with Ollie.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Psst..{maybe they are telling recruits Ollie is CIW for a reason having nothing to do with whether he is ever named coach at all.}

Until JC announces his retirement, it doesn't really matter if KO is the CIW, front-runner for the job, or on the list of possibles, in the eyes of the AD. All that matters is recruits believe he has JC's backing (which he probably does) and that will win the day if he retires.

The truth is likely that the AD wants to see who's available when that day comes and you can't really blame him. KO will get a fair shot at the job.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01