Get Tossed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Get Tossed

Reaction Score
Anyone who says KO doesn't work the refa have never sat behind the bench. He works them a good amount. He's not as demonstrative but works them and libbys for calls the whole game

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
JC had respect from the officials and you never saw an outcome like we had today. Under KO, it's routine.

JC was anything but classy. Maybe that works better.

This is kinda odd... I think your anger may be affecting your judgment.

I wouldn't say, well, any of that.

Reaction Score
I said to my brother when they missed that forearm shiver on Evans going baseline and instead called it on Jalen, then missed the ensuing charge which Rodney picked up but went uncalled, KO should have given it a 1 "T" run at those stiffs to let them know he wasn't going toilet Mick do all the crying. Not get thrown out but take it to the edge.

Toilet Mick. Very appropriate, even if accidental.

Reaction Score
Are you really blaming KO's lack of "working the officials" for today's loss? Unreal.

Captain Strawman strikes again.

I have literally no idea how someone of your intelligence reads my statement and interprets "we lost because KO didn't work the refs".

Reaction Score
At some point Jim Calhoun would have drawn a line in the sand. These guys crossed my line in the sand. Clearly they ruined the game. Whether it is tossed or one T at beginning of second would have sent the message. That's a well known coaching move. Has nothing to do with being classy. It's protecting your hard working players.

Reaction Score
It's amazing some of you don't think Calhoun was ever successful by working the officials from the opening tip.
We must have watched different programs the last 30 years.

Reaction Score
You don't need to get thrown out.
Get one technical to make your point. It can be strategic.
What's with this thrown out crap

Reaction Score
Watching tonight, Ollie's engagement with officials seems to be done mostly during the timeouts where he approaches them and has a lengthy seemingly calm cordial conversation with them. I would like him to get more vocal for each individual bad call as it's happening. He lets a lot of the bad calls go without letting the refs know about it. And the times when he does get a bit animated it seems to be just in general and not directed at a particular ref.

But I don't think any coach could have worked this crew tonight or prevented their incompetence from continuing.

Reaction Score
Makes you wonder if Kevin gets it. That you have to work refs constantly. And, I saw too many players this late in the season instructing others where to go. At this point, the team should know it's plays. That along with the not working refs is on him. The comment above is passive aggressive. Unfortunately, the coaching job when done well is done by guys who are grinders and mke sure they get every conceivable advantage and inch on that court. I don't see Kevin doing that every night. He did it against Houston.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The refs took the game away from the players with a number of touch calls. Every time the ball went inside they called a foul on whoever was covering Clark. Not saying Cinci wouldn't have won but the refs helped a lot with the quick whistle

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ollie was passive aggressive with them on the floor and passive aggressive with them in the media.

Stop. Just call them out.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You don't need to get thrown out.
Get one technical to make your point. It can be strategic.
What's with this thrown out crap

I just wanted him to get tossed at the end when it was over for the reaction.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
It's amazing some of you don't think Calhoun was ever successful by working the officials from the opening tip.
We must have watched different programs the last 30 years.

I don't think anyone has said that yet in this thread... Unless I missed it.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Ollie was passive aggressive with them on the floor and passive aggressive with them in the media.

Stop. Just call them out.

Yes, that was such an over the top atrocious performance by the whistleblowers that I would have gone Bobby Knight at the postgame PC and damn the consequences. So I get fined and reprimanded by the league. Big deal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom