Get ready UCONN | The Boneyard

Get ready UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...for the Tuesday night AAC games on ESPN like the Sun Belt game tonight on ESPN2. Just a matter of time. Maybe next year but definitely in 2015. Hope we can move conferences.

Reaction Score
I though I read only Thursday-Saturday games for this contract. Hope I'm right. Wednesday at worst. No way for Tuesday.

Reaction Score
I though I read only Thursday-Saturday games for this contract. Hope I'm right. Wednesday at worst. No way for Tuesday.

You're not crazy (well, at least on this point) - "Aresco said that there will be an occasional Wednesday football game, but that Thursday and Friday night games will be big as well as Saturdays."

Reaction Score

Didn't know that is what is in the contract. The AAC is looking more like the MAC and Sun Belt.

Reaction Score
Didn't know that is what is in the contract. The AAC is looking more like the MAC and Sun Belt.

I've always been a fan of "the only game in town". Give me a night where recruits only have one game to watch. I highly doubt they will have a problem being on ESPN on Wednesday night, with no other game on.

If we had 1 game a year on Wednesday, that would be it. Big woop. ACC and PAC12 are on Thursday/Friday nights so no biggie there.

Reaction Score
Quote="sportsart, post: 722211, member: 123"]I've always been a fan of "the only game in town". Give me a night where recruits only have one game to watch. I highly doubt they will have a problem being on ESPN on Wednesday night, with no other game on.

If we had 1 game a year on Wednesday, that would be it. Big woop. ACC and PAC12 are on Thursday/Friday nights so no biggie there.[/quote]

good point.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The AAC looks like CUSA because.... it is? Every team but UConn and Navy is a CUSA refugee.

Reaction Score
...for the Tuesday night AAC games on ESPN like the Sun Belt game tonight on ESPN2. Just a matter of time. Maybe next year but definitely in 2015. Hope we can move conferences.
Any Tuesday or Wednesday games and my four season tickets are history. I will always follow the team but I have a phobia about sitting in a 40,000 seat stadiaum with only 5,897 people...Hate being lonely........Back to the radio, WTIC just like The Yankee conference days.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Poor Temple...

True. I just assume they will get kicked out.

UConn played a Wednesday night game in the Big East on the road didn't they at Pitt? I vaguely remember them getting destroyed while I abused my liver.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
True. I just assume they will get kicked out.

UConn played a Wednesday night game in the Big East on the road didn't they at Pitt? I vaguely remember them getting destroyed while I abused my liver.
Yes, I do recall at least one Wednesday night game in recent years.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes, I do recall at least one Wednesday night game in recent years.

Deon Lewis ran for like 200 yards? Somehow I remember games against Ball State from a dozen years ago but 2011 is impossible to remember.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
We got destroyed by Pitt a couple years back on a Wednesday.

I think their starting RB at the time (Ray Graham?) tore his ACL or something and Sunseri ( spelling?) killed us. But yeah, brutal game.

Reaction Score
I decided not to go to that game at the last minute. Wow I was happy.

I don't mind a Tuesday or Wednesday road game. Just prefer not to have them at home.

Reaction Score
I've always been a fan of "the only game in town". Give me a night where recruits only have one game to watch. I highly doubt they will have a problem being on ESPN on Wednesday night, with no other game on.

If we had 1 game a year on Wednesday, that would be it. Big woop. ACC and PAC12 are on Thursday/Friday nights so no biggie there.

yeah but if that was true wouldn't Middle Tenn State do a lot better in recruiting? My god 2 years ago I swear they played 24 games on ESPN(2)(U) etc... Some weeks I was convinced they played on Tuesdays, Fridays, and the late late game against the Idaho Vandals in that High School gym looking building every week

Reaction Score
yeah but if that was true wouldn't Middle Tenn State do a lot better in recruiting? My god 2 years ago I swear they played 24 games on ESPN(2)(U) etc... Some weeks I was convinced they played on Tuesdays, Fridays, and the late late game against the Idaho Vandals in that High School gym looking building every week

My point was the players we were recruiting would have a chance to see us and only us. Never said it would help us get better recruits just because we were on TV.

Reaction Score
We got destroyed by Pitt a couple years back on a Wednesday.

I think their starting RB at the time (Ray Graham?) tore his ACL or something and Sunseri ( spelling?) killed us. But yeah, brutal game.

DJ Hernandez TD OT game against Pitt was also midweek.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
DJ Hernandez TD OT game against Pitt was also midweek.

Believe that was a Saturday. 11/11
image.jpg

Reaction Score
Any Tuesday or Wednesday games and my four season tickets are history. I will always follow the team but I have a phobia about sitting in a 40,000 seat stadiaum with only 5,897 people...Hate being lonely........Back to the radio, WTIC just like The Yankee conference days.
I vividly remember UConn hosting West Virginia on a Wednesday evening & being happy for the exclusive exposure. And wasn't the Pitt game that caused Tyler Palko to be 0 for the Rent on a Wednesday? The crowds at those games were over 30K. You're being melodramatic.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I vividly remember UConn hosting West Virginia on a Wednesday evening & being happy for the exclusive exposure. And wasn't the Pitt game that caused Tyler Palko to be 0 for the Rent on a Wednesday? The crowds at those games were over 30K. You're being melodramatic.

I believe the Palko game in 2004 was a Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom