#4hunnid
Reaction Score
-fortt
-redd
-reeves
-williams
-golden
-kiley

psu will have no choice but to completely rebuild that program. other coaches are foaming at the mouth, i hope we aren't just watching it happen. bc stinks and ruty/pitt/cuse/md/temple are no better than us. we can get these guys back home in new england.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
It is against NCAA rules to reach out to players from another school. Not sure what you are suggesting here.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
then atleast reach out to the commits which are 4 of the 6 i listed. you get my point though.

Reaction Score
I kind of see your point, my questions is what do the recruits even think related to Paterno? Do they think of him as potentially their head coach, my impression is he is like the head coach emeritis and is there but not really involved in the crazy hours, meetings, etc. like other head coaches. Also, they would be expecting him to retire before they are done so must have good ass't coach relationships since think those guys stay there a long time.
As to the bigger question, even in the best of spins, pretty weak effort by PSU and Paterno to head off a very dangerous situation involving safety of children, and you are the guys I expect to help mold my semi-out of control teenager (as all teenagers are) into a man!

Reaction Score
I doubt any of them are really worried about this story. It's embarrassing and reprehensible (sp?), but it doesn't reflect directly on them, and doesn't affect their opportunities for success on the field in any way (unless Paterno is out, and even that might be a blessing).

Reaction Score
I doubt any of them are really worried about this story. It's embarrassing and reprehensible (sp?), but it doesn't reflect directly on them, and doesn't affect their opportunities for success on the field in any way (unless Paterno is out, and even that might be a blessing).

spadilly Brandon RT by Mengus22

From a 5-star recruit that was looking at Penn State before all of this came out: RT @nspence94: Um psu might be a no no for me ewwww

Reaction Score
It is against NCAA rules to reach out to players from another school. Not sure what you are suggesting here.

Not sure what you thought he meant, but if any of the 2012 kids had ANY interest in UCONN i.e, Golden....HCPP should be calling them non-stop to get them wearing husky blue

Reaction Score
I understand what you guys are saying, but there's a part of me that really doesn't feel comfortable taking advantage of this horrible situation in order to land a couple of recruits. Maybe it's just me.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Edsall should have held out for his actual dream job

Reaction Score
spadilly Brandon RT by Mengus22

From a 5-star recruit that was looking at Penn State before all of this came out: RT @nspence94: Um psu might be a no no for me ewwww

Like the OP, I was talking about the players already on the roster, not current recruits. Obviously recruiting would be negatively affected, but when you're already part of the family, you're more likely to stick it out. Maybe I should have been more specific.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I understand what you guys are saying, but there's a part of me that really doesn't feel comfortable taking advantage of this horrible situation in order to land a couple of recruits. Maybe it's just me.

That's insane. I think it is absolutely appropriate for UConn to offer an alternative for those commits. I have ZERO issue with that. Not wanting to take advantage of the situation is some Ivy League stuff, not BCS.

Reaction Score
If they and/or their parents or guardians are not worried about this, then it would be a very poor commentary on where people are today in terms of integrity and honesty. The entire PSU community is tainted by this. An obvious scandal, and no tix for tattoos, that was swept under the rug. Yeah, that's where I would want my kid going.

Reaction Score
If they and/or their parents or guardians are not worried about this, then it would be a very poor commentary on where people are today in terms of integrity and honesty. The entire PSU community is tainted by this. An obvious scandal, and no tix for tattoos, that was swept under the rug. Yeah, that's where I would want my kid going.

I think you're reading too much into my comments.

I don't think we'll see widespread transfers because of this out of PSU. I could be wrong, but I don't think Fortt or Redd are incredibly anxious to play for Pasqualoni next year because of this. That's all I'm saying. Sure a few kids will probably leave, and yes, it will definitely hurt recruiting. But the current players and coaches NOT involved should not be painted with a broad brush as if they are responsible for the reprehensible actions of a few at the school. They know who they are and what they stand for, and I'm sure many will want to restore pride, honor, and respect to the institution. Which is not a poor commentary on where people are today in terms of integrity and honesty in any way.

If you're a practicing catholic who's priest gets accused of something like this, do you throw away the church, or the priest? Do you try and hold together the congregation and help it heal, or do you leave the church altogether? I don't think it's anyone's place to criticize the decision made in that situation because I don't think either of those decisions are right or wrong for everyone involved. Each will have to make a personal decision.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
That's insane. I think it is absolutely appropriate for UConn to offer an alternative for those commits. I have ZERO issue with that. Not wanting to take advantage of the situation is some Ivy League stuff, not BCS.

Not even, don't disrespect the Ivy league like that!

It's some Providence Big East Office stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
PSU will not be punished for this. It is not a football issue. It is a criminal issue and those who committed crimes will be prosecuted. But while it may cause Paterno to be fired, it won't effect the players or recruits because it was just too long away.

But will our staff be calling recruits -- sure. We call them periodically anyway.

Reaction Score
I say there is now little chance for any assistant, prior assistant, or former player to get the HC job at Penn State. They will bring in a total outsider---like Urban Meyer or Gary Patterson.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
PSU will not be punished for this. It is not a football issue. It is a criminal issue and those who committed crimes will be prosecuted. But while it may cause Paterno to be fired, it won't effect the players or recruits because it was just too long away.

But will our staff be calling recruits -- sure. We call them periodically anyway.

The current PSU team will not be effected by this, aside from possibly JoePa resigning/fired.

However, I think this casts about as dark a shadow as a program can definitely have, and rightfully so.

If PSU is a kid's "dream school" I think it won't have any effect, but this isn't some recruiting scandal or run-ins with a booster, this is way beyond that. It's a total and utter lack of any institutional oversight and responsibility. Not sure if I was a parent, I would want my kid to be a part of that. I think there's a time to tell someone to get off their moral high horse, but this situation is so incredibly heinous I think it's justified.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
psu has no choice but to clean house and start from scratch with a staff. players there now will want to carry the flag for the U and help but parents of some will want there kids away from the media storm. if players were attached to a staff member and wern't gettign alot of playing time they will bail after the staff is gone. recruits will also uncommit. they won't have that staff member who they were high on there any more and parents won't let them enter that media storm either. this is a huge opportunity for UConn to take control of New England. bc is down big time and we are on the rise. recently psu has come into NE and gotten the best recruits. its our turn now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom